London SE1 community website

Unused massive empty space in Empire Square Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Monday 31 October 2011 1.28pm
I know Dee Dee.

Sorry.

I finished my two years military training in 1999 and I completely forgot those type of sailor man's jokes.. and I was hooked...

Thank you for the information.

Wishes
Tuesday 1 November 2011 9.58am
Whilst I don't for one second question the importance of a dialysis center, I am still surprised that they never found a way to lease that space to retail/commercial - something that would benefit the community more.

The tesco next door is sometimes so busy you struggle to get down the isles.

I know it is a big space but it can always be made into multiple smaller units.

I'm sure it has been tough in the recent economic climate, and yes the footfall is not as strong as BHS for example, but it seems like a genuinely wasted opportunity to bring something of local benefit to that development.

At least the Gentleman's Club would have been something we could have all enjoyed...
Tuesday 1 November 2011 11.34am
At least the Gentleman's Club would have been something we could have all enjoyed...[/quote]

and of course provided jobs for all us ladies provided we could unchain ourselves from the kitchen sink and it did not clash with us having to fix our better halves dinners......
Tuesday 1 November 2011 1.30pm
I would expect any gentlemen's club worth its name would offer catering, wouldn't it, Dee Dee?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 1 November 2011 1.36pm
And WiFi for laptops.
Tuesday 1 November 2011 4.37pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
I would expect any gentlemen's club worth its name would offer catering, wouldn't it, Dee Dee?

Well with the Tesco next door I won't have to drag the sink too far to do the shopping!!
Tuesday 1 November 2011 10.31pm
it seems such a waste...i could see it as an ideal new home for the Greek embassy and a lot cheaper than some west end townhouse
Wednesday 2 November 2011 6.27pm
I wish Tesco would swap spots and open a Tesco Metro...
Tuesday 17 January 2012 2.18pm
Tuesday 17 January 2012 2.39pm
Shame about the laptops

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions