London SE1 community website

Unused massive empty space in Empire Square Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Tuesday 17 January 2012 3.47pm
Hm. Why's that, Ivanhoe? 'Clickety-Click'? It's good news the space is finally being used, and in such a positive way.
Tuesday 17 January 2012 5.39pm
i think with the late hours the only issue in that part of Long Lane will potentially be parking as it is already a busy spot there especially with the Tesco and the Boris bikes.
Tuesday 17 January 2012 5.52pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
Hm. Why's that, Ivanhoe? 'Clickety-Click'? It's good news the space is finally being used, and in such a positive way.

Care to check back a bit in the thread, Philpotts?

I got it, and my memory is...blast, I forget what now...
Tuesday 17 January 2012 7.56pm
It is a good use for this building. Dialysis patients - who can be of any age - will find it close to the tube, less foreboding than having to walk long corridors at Guys Hospital for their multiple weekly visits and less risk of MRSA... and when each visit takes hours, and they may be on dialysis for years, it is beneficial to be in a pleasant building. And it'll barely create any noise or traffic. Or would it be more useful for the community if it sold designer sofas?
Wednesday 18 January 2012 8.54am
Colinio

i totally agree re the use of the building but was just pointing out this is a busy spot for parking and they are going to have a designated dropping off area and people using the facility will want to park close by when restrictions are not in place so it will be busy
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions