London SE1 community website

Houses on Roupell Street (Waterloo) -- Is it safe there?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Saturday 16 April 2011 1.39pm
I lived in Roupell Street for a number of years and now live round the corner in Theed Street. In fifteen years here I have known of very little crime and encountered none myself. The "estates" are all social housing and the people from them are fun and friendly. It helped when Spacia upgraded the railway arches and improved the lighting. It has lost a little of its character. I used to live opposite the Kings Arms and people used to spread across the road and sit or put there glasses on my window sill.Great fun, never any problem, but it has, of course, been banned. Great area nonetheless.
Saturday 16 April 2011 4.34pm
I've only been four years in SE1 but, like theedy, I've personally known of little crime and encountered none myself. Which is not to say there isn't any - you only have to read the papers to know that. In my experience, though, most of my neighbours on council estates here are cheerful and friendly. And people in shops and on the street are far more likely to give each other a smile than in other parts of London I've lived in. The bike warning seems a wise one though :)
Saturday 16 April 2011 9.07pm
Boomshake i didnt say that, i only posted about a crime recently. All im saying is comparative to other parts of london se1 is brilliant. And for the record i grew up on a rough council estate in south london so your assertation that we are just a bunch of liberals who dont know anything is insulting.
Zoe
Saturday 16 April 2011 10.05pm
Don't worry Julia, I pointed out there was crime as well, and I'm a right liberal.

I still say the people are friendly but lock up your bike (better still, get a fold up one and take it with you, our council flats are tiny and only fold up bikes will fit in).

Anyway, be nice to the original poster, I might be marrying him to one of my friends if all goes to plan...
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions