London SE1 community website

New London Bridge Station - is it good enough?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Monday 8 August 2011 2.49pm
I assume that the red trusses will soon go and that the nightime lighting is only temporary and will be significantly better when its completed. If not then at night it will not look much different to what it did before!!
Actually for a few months this new entrance may look quite nice however I have a feeling the feelgood factor might be short lived as the construction work commences on all sides for the new station! Once the new station is complete only around 30- 40% of the passengers will use this way out as it will essentially become the bus station/ taxi entrance and the route for a proportion of the terminus passengers heading for the City. The majority of the passengers will be emerging in Tooley and St Thomas Street or heading along the ground level mall to the Underground Station. This concourse may end up nearly as empty as these sunday evening shots most of the time?!
Monday 8 August 2011 6.14pm
Funny how we each interpret the image differently. I thought you were drawing attention to the bollards being in place during the early evening when people are rushing off the escalators and contrasting it with the later pic of them removed once the place was empty!
Tuesday 9 August 2011 9.42am
yes the new paving obviously has a weight limit
Tuesday 23 August 2011 8.56pm
Amazing how quiet London Bridge station is after the rush hour!

Wednesday 24 August 2011 2.29pm
When it is complete,and out of peak hours, perhaps Network Rail could sublet their much vaunted new football pitch sized concourse for say ...........
5 aside football piches?????
Thursday 25 August 2011 1.50pm
The picture posted by Phoney is very emblematic.
Maybe when the Shard is done the situation will change and there will be more people.

In fact I have an apparently "unrelated" question regarding London Bridge station.

It seems to me that there is a quite high number of serious assoults during the year. Posted on this web regularly.

Anybody has statistics or comparisons with the general situation in London? Is it a hot station for it?

Thank you.
Wednesday 12 October 2011 2.09pm
Network Rail will attend a meeting on Thursday 13th October at 6pm that is open to the public.

This will be to discuss their proposals for the redevelopment of the station.

"All Bermondsey residents are warmly invited to come and see the proposals and have your say about the redevelopment plans, ask questions, voice concerns and contribute ideas"

160 Tooley Street, Room G01A
SE1 2QH
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions