London SE1 community website

Borough Market traders evicted

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 39 of 40
Friday 17 June 2011 8.16pm
Which James H are you asking?
Zoe
Friday 17 June 2011 8.26pm
Don't start attacking James, he works really hard (I've sometimes seen him early in the morning reporting, and then at a meeting late the same night) and doesn't deserve abuse for his attempts to keep the forum from decending into unpleasant sniping.
Friday 17 June 2011 8.46pm
Wow Zoe..talking about sniping :))))))
Sorry for asking, and I will not post till Monday or more... promised!
Friday 17 June 2011 9.05pm
Ok, just so I'm clear..

First we have Ceri, then we have Orione/ HappyFeet/ Walter-Ego - all singing the bizarre BM theme tune.

Then we have HappyFeet...Friday 17 June 2011 9.04am

"Yes, me and my GF have similar characters and we are both from different foreign countries.. So typos... "

Followed by...orione Friday 17 June 2011 2.43pm

"Happy feet is my girlfriend's account and she exists."

Obviously very busy up there in BMM offices this afternoon, with all that rain!
Friday 17 June 2011 9.18pm
and, Mr Wilkinson - on the subject of what you 'expect from your traders'

INTEGRITY - inĚtegĚriĚty

1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
2. The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
3. The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.

Give & you shall receive.
Friday 17 June 2011 9.30pm
Stu M - I guess you missed the bit where we dealt with the allegation that orione might be affiliated with the market back on page 37.

If anyone has evidence of foul play, please get in touch directly.

To reiterate for a final time what I said this morning:

Please reply to this thread only if you've got something new and on-topic to say, and not to snipe at another poster.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 17 June 2011 9.33pm
For what it's worth, I'd agree with James' suggestion to Orione. Who, incidentally, isn't, in my view, in a minority here when it comes to being supportive of the current Borough Market traders. The question which vexes many of us is how best we can offer that support. Both the debate on this thread and the information it's thrown up seem to me to be useful in trying to find the answer.
Friday 17 June 2011 9.34pm
Orione, or whatever your name / identity is, you want this topic so much, you can have it. It's run its course anyway. The PW interview brings conclusion, those who want to actively do something about their dissatisfaction with BM have a few ideas as to what actions can be taken, so you can sit in front of your computer and indulge your multiple egos for as long as you like. Maybe you SHOULD be allowed multiple logins and your own section on the forum so you can debate with yourself at your own leisure.
Zoe
Friday 17 June 2011 10.33pm
I know I shouldn't, but I can't miss that lack of 's' in descending, I think it's Beetroot who normally picks up on his own spelling errors, I see what he means now.

Don't anyone tell me off for not following James' instruction, I see now it's a spelling compulsion, lol.
Friday 17 June 2011 10.40pm
Get to the back of the class Zoe....

...Oh hi!
Current: 39 of 40

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions