London SE1 community website

Buying Plants in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Monday 9 May 2011 2.23pm
I bought a big tray of tomato plants from the hardware store on Lower Marsh last weekend. 8 for 12 plants.
Monday 9 May 2011 2.35pm
I have seen a chap selling plants just outside St John's Waterloo on a couple of evenings over the last fortnight or so.

Also, I second the below. Both are worth the trip.

Truthmonkey-home wrote:
If you're prepared to leave SE1 then I find Homebase in Wandsworth Town (a short hop out of Waterloo) or the garden centre in Camden near the tube to be worth the trip.
Monday 9 May 2011 2.48pm
Julia7239 wrote:
Bourne who used to be the fruit wholesaler at borough has set up a plant and herb sales plot on saturdays on fearn street. If you go along int eh next few weeks, he will be joinned by few other ex-borough traders

Hi Julia. Where is Fearn Street as I can't find it on the map!
Monday 9 May 2011 2.54pm
Try Frean Street (as in Peek Freans) rather than Fearn.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 9 May 2011 2.56pm
Bermondsey Square on Saturday mornings also good for herbs!

Winston
Jac
Monday 9 May 2011 3.16pm
The garden centre in camden is amazing, but i don't go very often as if i did i would soon be penniless as the choice is so good. Far too tempting
Monday 9 May 2011 3.29pm
Jac wrote:
The garden centre in camden is amazing, but i don't go very often as if i did i would soon be penniless as the choice is so good. Far too tempting

Agreed. I have often thought that a decent (or even any) garden centre is something SE1 is desperately lacking.

In my daydreams, it would be me that opened one which would also offer a gardening service for balconies, etc.
Monday 9 May 2011 4.15pm
Surely Frean street is no more? Isn't it all appartments now?
Monday 9 May 2011 4.19pm
Just checked, the ex Borough traders are moving to Maltby Street. Other side of the arch from Druid Street.
Monday 9 May 2011 9.23pm
It's under the railway on the south side at the top of the road (path) between the new blocks of flats opposite the church. So if you have the church entrance to your back, walk straight ahead between the new blocks of flats and you'll see it on your left under the railway as you come out the other side. I got some excellent tomato seedlings off them a couple of weeks ago that are already flowering.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions