London SE1 community website

Bogus charity collector - river walkway

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Monday 4 July 2005 7.08pm
Hi Charlotte,

Not sure if you have seen it but I have sent you a private message regrading our little friend.
Would be good if we could get this sorted onc and for all!

Regards

Jo
Tuesday 5 July 2005 8.19am
I'm often amazed at the people in pubs who fall for the ' buy a rose for charity' scam..just because she wears expensive skin tight leather jeans, has a fabulous head of expensively streak blonde hair, tight fitting top and of course makes a bee line for the men.. waves a box under their noses with a piece of printed paper on it...

Then as Bridgie said gets into a large mercedes! One of these days I'm going to read up on the laws concerning collecting for charity!
Tuesday 5 July 2005 8.55am
Dear London SE1 Forum members

I guess we will all be on the look out for the woman with the roses. Any further sightings please send me a message to [email protected]

Thanks and kind regards.

Charlotte

Director of Fundraising for Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospitals
Tuesday 19 July 2005 8.47am
Dear All

I have had an email direct to my email address ([email protected]) from somebody who has sighted our bogus collector again. He was seen in a pantomine costume at the Shakespeare Globe Theatre and said that he was collecting for Guy's Hospital in conjunction with Children In Need. He said that he was involved in a tennis match on 11th July. There is no such match going on. He was in the pub next to the Golden Hind and again in The Horniman.

I am informing the police about this but do be vigilent.

Kind regards.

Charlotte Langley
Director of Fundraising
Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospitals
Monday 5 September 2005 4.04pm
charlottelangley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear All
>
> I have had two more emails direct to my email address and have been sent a photograph by mobile phone camera. The sightings were neer the King's Arms junction of Windmill and Roupell Street.

> I have informed the police about this but do be vigilent.
>
> Kind regards.
>
> Charlotte Langley
> Director of Fundraising
> Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospitals

Monday 5 September 2005 9.21pm
Yeh,thanks
Saturday 10 September 2005 5.09pm
Can we see the photo? I was brought up in Waterloo and my partner in Borough maybe one of us will recognise him?
HF
Monday 21 November 2005 10.41am
Just an update following on from Al.W's post. The poor Irish guy's wife is STILL in labour and still being transferred from one hospital to another. He still hasn't got any diesal and desperately needs money to get some.

It was so funny - his routine is EXACTLY the same as how Al.W described it : running past, running back, checking you can speak English, mobile phone in hand etc etc.

Funnily enough even though I knew he was a con I still felt a bit guilty saying no. Still, he's a sneaky little git and local people should be aware of him... Last seen roaming Tooley Street.
Monday 21 November 2005 1.59pm
the blonde has now dyed her hair and came in our local collecting on behalf on VMCA and plonkers still queued to give her their money...and they were warned...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions