London SE1 community website

Sainsbury's 'offers' - scam

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Thursday 26 May 2011 9.59am
Internet shopping is one answer since everything's itemized as you go along and you have a convenient permanent record. I use Ocado, which seems great, but others might be as good. I save enough on that to indulge myself at Maltby St and Bermondsey Sq.

Also there's none of those wretched "Do you want a plastic bag?" scams. With home delivery you get tons of free plastic bags which are very useful. And the Ocado plastic bags are grey rather than pious green.
Thursday 26 May 2011 10.16am
markadams99 wrote:
Internet shopping is one answer since everything's itemized as you go along and you have a convenient permanent record. I use Ocado, which seems great, but others might be as good. I save enough on that to indulge myself at Maltby St and Bermondsey Sq.

I'm with markadams99 with home shopping delivery. I've had Tesco home delivery for the last 3 years now and only had two problems. One was late delivery and they refunded the delivery charge and they other was I had ordered some meat which was brown again they refunded the money. They also tell you if your missing out on a special offer aswel. I do pop into local supermarkets but am very wary of what I pick up and look at dates to.
Thursday 26 May 2011 1.04pm
Seems like many of us are very wary of the sharp practice at Sainsbury's and others. Their simplest trick is to have a big sign saying 2 for 1 on Product ABC 120 gramme, then put very similar products behind the advert.

That's what happened to me. I should pop back and see if the are still doing it today.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions