London SE1 community website

SE1 postal service campaign

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 13 of 43
Wednesday 14 July 2004 12.37pm
Sugared almonds are usually on the table at the wedding breakfast - right?
Wednesday 14 July 2004 7.57pm
And I thought terrible postal service was just happening in my street, to me!

Only this morning I got four pieces of mail only one of which was mine - two were clearly marked for next door which I duly delivered - and one had my address on all except the poscode which was totally different!!

This happens on a regular basis and although I put misposted stuff back in the mail it quite often finds its way back to me again.

Shame on the postal service and hat's off to hat (that won't be original I know)
Thursday 15 July 2004 11.19am
my siblings are giving my birthday presents by sending me one present a day...so far (day 6) i'm already missing 2 (4 and 6). This may be the best postal test ever, but baaad for the chances of me recieving my presents. I'm still waiting to hear from Tony Phelan with a firm date on the public meeting, and when he does I'll get lots of those postwatch packs and everyone who comes to the meeting can have one as a going home present...
Thursday 15 July 2004 12.51pm
My post delivery is getting worse again, after a short period of improvement. Package from my mother in The Netherlands, Sky Digital viewing card, Time Out - it all went missing. Received Time out of 3 weeks ago today.
Thursday 15 July 2004 12.53pm
Do we still have postal deliveries in SE1? Lucky Maurits!
Thursday 15 July 2004 8.55pm
I guess that's indeed the best way to approach it, Mapmaker- eternal optimist!
Thursday 22 July 2004 7.44pm
Got home this evening to find my credit card statement from last month on the mat with a SW postmark of 26th June. Payment was due on 19th July. I suppose I should be glad it turned up and wasn't delivered to another address.
As it was late, I rang my bank at the end of June and transferred the Balance -£122.56 - from my account to the credit card (Barclays). When I checked my current account Balance last week I found they had transferred the amount twice. I have since made 4 lenghty phonecalls - Press 1 for **, Press 2 for ** etc;etc; to try and recover the overpayment and it still hasn't been sorted out.
Am I boring you?
Anyway, although I love cash and have always paid all bills in cash and have never paid any interest or had a late payment charge, I have now decided to do all banking online to avoid hassle.
And all this because the Post Office took 27 days to deliver a letter from SW to SE London. And I haven't even lost my cool once, despite being passed from pillar to post trying to get my money back.
And I gave the postman a tenner for christmas. Useless git.
Thursday 22 July 2004 9.13pm
I was writing about the Postal Survey in this thread some time ago (under a different username), and got unceremoniusly kicked out from it, like some others on this forum. I was never given any explanation, I just stopped getting anything from the research company. A phone call clarified that I had been removed "because I was known to the postman to be part of the survey". Hardly surprising, after receiving branded letters from Research International for a couple of years! Well, it must have been my posts here, and by reading all my messages under the previous username, it was not difficult for them to find out who I was and where I lived. Lesson learned.

My postal deliveries have worked fine otherwise, but when I demanded new e-banking passcodes for my bank account, they never seemed to arrive. After twice failing to get any, I started pressing the bank for more information to go and blame Royal Mail for missing letters. My bank could not confirm any had been even sent. They had no record of them having been requested, but the woman said that that was no proof of them not having been sent. What logic. But this time they duly arrived in two days, and I strongly now suspect that the bank was to blame this time. All in all, a lethal combination, banks and Royal Mail - try finding out which one is to blame each time....
Friday 23 July 2004 9.40am
Phoney

I recommend applying for an accucard credit card. As well as being all online, so beyond the reach of those posties, they'll give you 0.8% cash back on all expenditure.
Friday 23 July 2004 12.23pm
a freind of mine (in se1) has just had £600 swiped from their credit card - the new one was intercepted in the post and never arrived.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23 July 2004 12.24pm by red bus.
Current: 13 of 43

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions