London SE1 community website

SE1 postal service campaign

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 43
Jon
Friday 7 May 2004 1.10pm
yes it appears it is becoming the norm, but not very nice. complain to Postwatch! with exact details. The more people complain the more they will understand how much of a problem it is!
Friday 7 May 2004 1.47pm
Yes, and as you will see from earlier posts on this very long thread (links at the top of this page) you will only get, at most, a book of stamps as compensation.

But at least Postwatch do now seem to be coming out as some kind of critical voice, and one the Post Office have to listen to. (If you believe the media reports that is.)
Friday 7 May 2004 5.38pm
Yes, but in my link, Postwatch said they had had 2000 complaints during the last 12 months. As I've seen 2,000 complaints on this site + my own complaints, thenm we should report them.

In the last week: 3 items for next door (2 next door one way, 1 the other).
hat
Friday 7 May 2004 6.06pm
The postwatch pack of stickers, diary of things going missing etc is quite good. You fill out the diary thing and send it back to them - showing the oodles of things that are going missing. If we get our meeting at Mandela way, I might order some from postwatch and we can have them to take away - like a going home present. But you could get yourself some before then...

here's the url;
http://www.postwatch.co.uk/Misdelivery/Index.html

Post edited (07 May 04 18:21)
Friday 7 May 2004 6.37pm
I'd like to add my voice to those congratulating Hat on her efforts concerning the SE1 postal service.

Just for the record - I have had several cheques go missing in the last year. And I recently found out that one of them - for 600 - has been cashed into a fraudulent bank account set up in my name. Investigations are still underway...
Sunday 9 May 2004 11.33am
Surprised no-one has mentioned this piece from the Southwark News

(click image for larger version)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 10 May 2004 9.48am
I have now been loosely quoted twice in the press, once in the Telegraph and once in the Southwark News and I think it's a shame that they haven't been able to print more comments from people with more serious problems than I've encountered. All I've been able to complain about is late service, a sloppy attitude and a couple of missing Amazon CDs. Hat is doing a great job of campaigning here and I think it would be helpful if some of those with accusations of criminal activities were to stand up with her. With everybody remaining so annonymous the bigger complaints are begining to look like hearsay (or at least I fear that they will be regarded as such by those accused).

"I knew I was cured"
Monday 10 May 2004 10.14am
i am happy to be quoted, but since i have been away the last two weeks, i completely missed out on the story...
i still have no idea what papers were produced to open up the bogus account to cash my cheque, and the abbey national isn't very helpful either quoting the 'data protection act' whenever i try and find out more. who is being protected here i ask myself. maybe we should start a nice surely heated discussion about id cards... no i am not going there :-)

kristina

hat
Tuesday 11 May 2004 1.20pm
I've have been to the posties den and had my meeting with Tony Phelan! All went very well this am - and I had some of our questions answered. The management team at the SE1 office has changed completely in the last 4 months - so obviously a lot of our missing/stolen/misdelivered items were in the period before this. Briefly this is what Tony said:

Time Out will be monitored - to find out when it's coming in to the sorting office. They couldn't really give me an answer on what happens to the missing ones, apart from if it comes out of it's packaging, then the address is lost and can't be delivered.

The previous c.card and cheque book thefts etc have been attributed to the two members of staff who were dismissed. Anything from Jan/Feb onwards however, is different - so if you have any fraud/thefts since then please report them to Tony Phelan and Postwatch, as well as the banks concerned and the police.

We have 2 new numbers to contact Mandela Way:

020 7740 7773 for customer care and 020 7232 2994 for redelivery of parcels.

Leave a message on the answerphone if it's not answered and they will ring back with 24 hours...

There was concern about people complaining, but not giving their full information to him. If Tony has all the details, he can work out which walk etc the problems are happening on and deal with it, but without the full information, they cannot do anything.

All SE1 rounds are covered by full time Royal Mail employees, and they do not employ casuals at the Mandela Way office.

There are occasions when parcels are not taken out and a card is put through the letter box:

when there is a surcharge on the item
when the parcel is from customs and excise
when it is very large, and bulky

If you feel this has happened and none of those circumstances apply, call the customer care line and complain.

The office is in discussion with Southwark Council about lock down times for blocks of flats etc, and what will happen when the service changes to 1 delivery a day.

Finally, a meeting should happen in the next few weeks about the new delivery service, and any other queries we have. You can also email Tony on [email protected]

I hope this is all useful and interesting to everyone - I think the new numbers to call on will make a big difference...
As for everything else - I'll keep you all informed.
Hat
rm
Tuesday 11 May 2004 1.23pm
thank you hat.

you're a star
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 43

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions