London SE1 community website

SE1 postal service campaign

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 43
hat
Tuesday 11 May 2004 1.25pm
Thanks - i'm a tired star - the next time i get involved in a campaign i'll make it a late night one, not early mornings...
Tuesday 11 May 2004 1.47pm
Good Campaigning!

However is this problem simply an issue for SE1, as I believe my sorting office is in Whitechapel being a E1 W resident?

I will be interested in the outcome of the monitoring study mentioned earlier.

Also what strategy is being employed to ensure that this type of situation does not reoccur once the heat is off?

D
Tuesday 11 May 2004 1.58pm
Hat -
You are indeed a star ! Congrats on getting some decent info from them [even if it was far too early for you !].

Funnily enough, when I enquired about where the hell my train tickets had got to from Virgin [BTW, I so much would like to tavel on a more appropriately-named train operator..... Slut, perhaps ?] and they said that "most tickets deleiverd to SE1 addresses wetn missing"

!!!!!!!!
Tuesday 11 May 2004 2.19pm
I work in Camden and Royal Fail has just told us due to reorganisation they cannot guarantee what time we will get mail.... Today it was 12.00, yesterday 2.00.

The woman in the Call Centre happily informed me "Nothing we can do about it guv"
Tuesday 11 May 2004 2.28pm
Well done, Hat. You've earned a lie-in (and a cider).
Tuesday 11 May 2004 2.55pm
Chapeau, Hat!
Tuesday 11 May 2004 3.20pm
Well done Hat, I work in a Postroom which receives mail from the mandela way sorting office and I can never tell when the post will arrive. There seems to be a general lack of interest when we complain or try to find out where a package has got too. I know that most Post staff do a great job but I have heard that the new intake are not being trained properly and this is where future problems begin to build up, if your not trained properly your generally not going to care what happens to the Post. Hope you have sorted out our problems in Se1 ,excuse the pun.

Barry at Mori
Tuesday 11 May 2004 3.59pm
well done hat
kristina

Tuesday 11 May 2004 4.01pm
just adding my thanks for Hat's hard work.
I have had a couple of financial related items go missing since Feb but no discernable fraud as yet. But I will give the shiny new customer care number a try.
EM
Tuesday 11 May 2004 4.10pm
My colleauges and I have been following Hat's progress with much anticipation - Thanks for taking this on and putting so much effort into it. You are appreciated by more people than you could possibly imagine. My new chequebook didn't even make it through my front door back in February. It could only have been taken from within the postal service, along with several DVD's from Lovefilm.com. Thankfully my bank stopped a cheque on account of the incorrect signature otherwise they'd have got away with 2,200. They were kind enought to print a copy of the cheque for me from their computer so I could see how my signature had been forged. I reported it to the police but haven't heard anything since. I'm sure their time could be better spent!

I just love the closing phrase on Royal Mail's current television advertising campaign - "If you can't take it personally - we will" - and they did - literally!

Good Luck Hat!

GDS
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 43

This thread has been closed
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions