London SE1 community website

Elephant and Castle Regen Forum

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Friday 27 May 2011 1.24pm
thanks, jamesup, here's my writeup (hope it works, our website is still down, this is an emergency solution only)
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?created&&note_id=10150219041745769
Friday 27 May 2011 1.53pm
Nice post, and very valid concerns regards the attendees and the viewing of the community only in the form of 'groups', as TAK shows above there are plenty of people who are interested and concerned but not part of a recognised organisation.
TAK
Friday 27 May 2011 8.08pm
Very nice write up indeed - thank you.

There would be plenty of people interested I'm sure.
Important to note however is the fact that I first wrote to LL advising I'm not in a T&RA anymore but would relly like to attend, and then wrote a second time to express my disappointment that it was exclusively for groups. I bet 50% of people would not have given it a second try to still attend the meeting.
Saturday 28 May 2011 1.49pm
@TAK: totally understand what you're saying. i know there are quite a few people who had no idea about the event in the first place. to me, exclusivity and transparency are mutually exclusive.

the idea of the 'invitation only' apparently (as stated in the draft terms of reference document) is to get a balanced cross-section of 'wider local community.' except that the 'list' arguably was not 'wider local' at all. nor balanced, as there is not a single local business, for example.

i will be commenting on this document in some detail, and one of the key arguments will be that it (the forum) has to be public - publicly promoted, inclusive, transparent (as in documentation publicly available for infoshare/scrutiny). with 'balances' and 'cross-sections' you can only ever try to achieve them, but this cannot be a justification for stopping those who want to be engaged to do so.

does anyone have any thoughts on this?
TAK
Saturday 28 May 2011 3.39pm
Is the overview and scrutiny committee meeting some councillors have called in on the 1st June open to the public? (refer to the news section for details) This may be a good opportunity to make a point that residents do care?
Saturday 28 May 2011 3.46pm
The scrutiny meeting is open to the public but I don't think there is an automatic right to speak or make representations.

It may be worth contacting the chair and/or clerk in advance as they may be happy to accept a brief and on-topic contribution from resident/s - I have certainly seen that happen before at scrutiny meetings. But bear in mind that the discussion will be tightly framed around the specifics of the decision to cooperate with St Modwen.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 31 May 2011 11.44am
The presentations from last week's forum are now on the Lend Lease E&C website:
http://www.elephantandcastle.org.uk/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
TAK
Tuesday 31 May 2011 7.19pm
Thanks James

You're absolutely right . Meeting is open to public to attend, but if anyone would like to speak they would need to check that with the Chair beforehand.
Thursday 16 June 2011 7.07pm
This is meeting again on the 30th.

They have asked for input on what stakeholders to include.

I'm going to reply including 'normal people' in some sense or other, buy any other 'groups' want a recommendation that are not currently on board?
Thursday 23 June 2011 11.20am
quick reminder - deadline for comments to the draft terms of reference document is tomorrow, friday 24th june.

you can download the original document from here: http://www.elephantandcastle.org.uk/pdfs/FORUM_TOR.pdf

comments to be sent to enquiries.elephantandcastle@lendlease.com

pm me if you need more info
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions