London SE1 community website

Mice in a restaurant - what do you do?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Saturday 28 May 2011 12.26pm
Phoney - my thoughts exactly. A nice way to advertise "The Pet Coach" from a first poster.
Saturday 28 May 2011 1.49pm
The pet coach? Do they train (pet) rats and mice to leave an establishment in orderly fashion via the backdoor?
Saturday 28 May 2011 4.05pm
'Equally not sure Chef & Brewer will be happy having an ad that links to a mice problem in an un-named restaurant........'

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm getting the Hyatt on my page, give it a couple of weeks and we should have every 'eatery' listed.
Saturday 28 May 2011 8.17pm
"un-named" ? i don't understand why? i think we should all know to avoid...
Sunday 29 May 2011 12.44am
Mice completely freak me out - don't know why - and I'm afraid I would have made a fuss - remember the woman in Tom and Jerry? That would be me, standing on the chair and screaming!

I realise most pubs and restaurants have problems from time to time with pest control, but I don't want to see the little buggers running around like they own the place.
Sunday 29 May 2011 5.30pm
Many years ago I used to eat in the restaurant at the Festival Hall on the Southbank & the mice used to run around there. I guess it's OK as long as they are not in the kitchens !
Sunday 29 May 2011 6.47pm
Re pest contro - I had minor mice problem a few months ago, traps didn't work but one of those sonic mice repeller devices and they did the job. Btw - I don't run an eatery nor am I in any way linked to manufacturers of pest repeller devices.
Sunday 29 May 2011 6.58pm
Remember for every one you see-there is the brothers and sisters , aunties, unlces, cousins, somehwre nearby.
The eletronic mouse charmer thing worked very well in our flats. And they are inncontinet-

so what ever they are running over, they are piddling on and worst!!! So there has to be zero tolerance around food or food prep areas ( sorry mices)
Sunday 29 May 2011 7.48pm
Sometimes people say the electronic things didn't work for them. I suspect they're using duds because I've heard so many success stories with them.

Kory wrote:
And they are inncontinet-( sorry mices)

No they're not. It's a silly idea, but they do mark a hell of a lot so it's as bad as if they were incontinent.
Sunday 29 May 2011 10.47pm
Apologies to the Mices-they are ways running and going to the loo at the same time when I have seen 'em--- Sorry to upset.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions