London SE1 community website

Mice in a restaurant - what do you do?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 30 May 2011 9.56pm
I was eating at that Argentian steak restauarnt chain in More London (forgotten the name) about 2 years when a mouse ran across the restaurant floor.
We had paid up, were about to leave & told the manager about little Jerry.
He took the news quite badly & snapped back at us something along the lines of 'what do expect? We're right by the river' before mincing off in a huff.
The manager was much like the restaurant. More style than content.
Tuesday 31 May 2011 11.43am
I had the same experience at The Real Greek on the south bank..

Mice carry disease these are not country mice and it is very difficult to protect the kitchen. They can enter every tiny crevice.

The worst experience of my life was anyway in Berlin. City that I love.

We were dining in a restaurant (in the "garden"...)
when one little fellow appeared, ok lets not panic... than another... mmmhh ok.. than another... and soon we had five or six of them running close our bare feet.. Panic!
Customers at the table were happly feeding them and making jokes..

I hit my foot on the ground to let them away and some customers around told me if I had a prob with mice.. On girl even looked at us strangely..Like: you do not like animals!?

I said: Yes of course!! bUT I do have problems with eating with mice on my feet.

We decided to move away and told the managers who said: Ok!
That's it.

I am still speachless. The restaurant is called Chen Che. Rosenthaler Strasse 13. Don't go or go.. depending on your taste.

I mean has the world turned up side down? Mice are a source of infection. They may look funny in some case but nothing more than that.

Moreover is the management take such a loose actitude towards a complaint than what should I think about the management of their kitchen?
Tuesday 31 May 2011 12.21pm
I had the experience at Tower Tandoori. It wasnt nice seeing them in a restaurant where I was eating, actually made me feel quiet sick. :o(
Tuesday 31 May 2011 12.58pm
orione wrote:
I had the same experience at The Real Greek on the south bank..

Mice aren't the only problem the Real Greek has. What a horrible place. I once got an icecube in my drink with a silverfish in it. I didn't wait to find out if it came back to life once the ice had melted.
Tuesday 14 June 2011 11.18pm
I was surprised to see a mouse scuttling across the floor around midnight last night in the Hilton on Tooley Street. I mentioned it to staff on reception there and then, and again in the morning. They decided to waive the cover charge - a steep fiver for the pleasure of having a late snack...

Actually I should add that the breakfast was great so did compensate...
Wednesday 15 June 2011 1.10pm
Not SE1, but a few days ago a noble Lord invited me for tea in their Lordships House. As we sat in the bar a mouse was running all over the floor. My host saw nothing unusual in this.
Tuesday 21 June 2011 11.01pm
That happened to me in a restaurant in the West End but I just figured that's London for you. These big old terraced buildings have a very hard time keeping mice out (I used to live in one and the little furries came in every winter for the warmth - and if you didn't store it securely, the pasta)

It didn't occur to me to try and get a discount on the wine, the whole room was watching the little fella running about during a music set.

It's cockroaches I don't like. And I've seen those in London hospitals as well as restaurants.

I've not had food poisoning though at any of the wildlife encounter places so far, so fair play.
Wednesday 22 June 2011 6.37am
night before last- I saw a very long legged mouse carrying/dragging a piece of watermelon across the NFT bar- he came back later looking for more 'booty' but left disapointed
My friend told a member of staff who shrugged-and walked off.
Wednesday 22 June 2011 7.43am
Where Man doth roam so follow mice and rats.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions