London SE1 community website

Union Street Cafe

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7
Saturday 26 May 2012 11.11am
Cheers James for that! I do hope they keep to this plan as I *can't* wait for the bakery aspect (which is similar to the Delaunay which I do enjoy).

Now all we need to find out is - if Waitrose is going forward the 'mini mart concept' at the Shell Petrol Garage in Southwark Bridge and I truly think the Yuppifcation of Borough is complete! (although secretly I have enjoyed every one of the improvements over the past 10 years).
cbg
Monday 28 May 2012 10.56am
The shutters on the groundfloor of the building look absolutely dreadfull and any change will be more than welcome. The design looks very pretty and the bakery would indeed be a nice to have in the area.

I guess we can't stop change and given the current extent of the Yuppification we should have a Waitrose in the near future.
Friday 1 June 2012 10.43am
Opening early 2013, according to the Evening Standard

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 21 December 2012 7.26pm
Sunday 23 December 2012 1.05am
ChloeB wrote:
I am usually out of there for £20 ... now admittedly it could get very very pricy but I guess I am a cheap date ;)

Oh Chloe, where were you before I decided that I couldn't stay single and happy for ever and finally surrendered to the inevitable and agreed to get married?
Her begging and crying were killing me!
Sunday 23 December 2012 8.51am
Tom - Us independent dolly-birds would, I can assure you, drive you mental.
Tuesday 25 December 2012 8.29am
ChloeB wrote:
Tom - Us independent dolly-birds would, I can assure you, drive you mental.

Too late Chloe, your older sisters did that years ago.
I thought that I was invincible, while in reality I was putty in their hands.
Monday 7 January 2013 10.52am
reading the ES article again...does that mean Becks is a partner on the Union St Cafe restaurant?! Oh my...
Zoe
Sunday 3 February 2013 10.15pm
This seems a very long time in the making and now it's not opening until September. I'm not in a particular rush to eat there btw, just surprised at how long it seems.
cbg
Monday 6 May 2013 1.49pm
Work on site has started!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions