London SE1 community website

Books

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 June 2011 5.54pm
I have 2 boxes of books in very good condition(some almost brand new) which I want to give away.

Any recommendations for a school, charity or other entity?

I will take them to whoever.

Thanks
Friday 3 June 2011 12.46am
What sort of books are they? I know that in the Knowledge & Information Centre on the ground floor of St Thomas' they have a shelf where books are sold for 1 pound each. I'm told they have a trolley taking books round the wards. You could try calling them and asking them if they'd be interested.
Friday 3 June 2011 1.58am
56a Infoshop behind Walworth Rd, close to Strata, is a local community space that runs a free book exchange. Basically people bring a book they have finished and select one they want to take. It's a book swap point really. They take donations of books to keep the exchange supplied...

56a Infoshop
56 Crampton St
Pullens Estate
London SE17 3AE
Monday 6 June 2011 1.58pm
Supposedly there is now a good permanent Book Exchange at Absolutely Starving on 51 Tooley Street.

Only second-hand knowledge, I'm afraid, so I cannot guarantee it's correct, sorry, but if you want to give it a try
Monday 6 June 2011 3.19pm
I usually take books that are in good condition to the Oxfam Bookshop on Stutton Ground in Victoria (just off Victoria St). They welcome donations and it's actually a really nice book store.
Monday 6 June 2011 6.09pm
London School -Borough High St/Sawyer St of- Osteopathy used to take books to sell off cheaply in their foyer
Wednesday 8 June 2011 12.36pm
Thanks all for the input, I will be checking and delivering this Friday.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions