London SE1 community website

Hiba Restaurant closed from June 1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Sunday 31 July 2011 10.50am
orione wrote:
I hope they close soon and we get something more uplifting than take away food .... Possibly something That has nothing to do with food all together, will be wellcomed.

Couldnt disagree more...

(i) I wish every new business venture the best
(ii) A good fish and chip shop is a must on any high street
(iii) it has a decent looking frontage, and there's a plethora of other shops that I'd prefer to go first..
Sunday 31 July 2011 12.54pm
Borough High St has more then its fair share of boarded up businesses, anything is better than an empty premises. and a good chippy can't go wrong
Sunday 31 July 2011 2.56pm
I think fish and chips is the last shore of any business that I can think of.. After mcdonalds of course. But really I don't have strong feeling about it.
It will just be a NO GO zone for me.

In respect to those building on BHS it would be time for Kings College to pay tribute to the community and move their intellectual a...es and fix or sell them. Otherwise they should be forced to do something by local authorities as they are doing arm to the area. I am sure you cannot keep buildings in that state in a central and developing area for years..
Sunday 31 July 2011 3.48pm
Just to clarify, I sometimes really crave F&Cs but when I actually have it in front, somehow, I end up taking away the batter and eating the inside fish... so the whole thing does not work out for me..

But still King's college attitude towards those falling buildings really sucks..
Sunday 31 July 2011 4.02pm
orione wrote:
But really I don't have strong feeling about it

1) "I think fish and chips is the last shore of any business that I can think of"

2) "After mcdonalds of course"

3) "It will just be a NO GO zone for me."
Sunday 31 July 2011 5.42pm
I meant I don't care at the end.. There are more important things around...
Tuesday 2 August 2011 10.47am
Jerry wrote:
I gave it a go too. Cod,chips and mushy peas. It was very quiet in there on Friday night. It was all good though, probably not quite up there with the best in London, but the best in the area of Borough High Street, I can't stand "Fish" down at the Market end, way overpriced and far too noisy to sit in.

Mmmmmm. Sounds good. I do love fish & chips. Will prob pop in this evening. It is really nice to have one just a short stroll away (assuming the quality stays high).

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Thursday 12 March 2015 1.08am
Mikeys Fish & Chips apperently shut down!!
Thursday 12 March 2015 8.15am
Yes. A shame as their product was excellent and sustained our Office on many a lunchtime.
Saturday 14 March 2015 12.33am
Let's hope they reopen as Hiba

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions