London SE1 community website

World's ugliest buildings - one at Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 17 June 2011 4.29pm
haha.

BFLS can't be that ashamed of it, it's front and centre on their website.
Friday 17 June 2011 4.48pm
Well, if you have a look a the rest.. :)

But I like the building, I just find the small unit next to the big razor a bit odd.

I quite like the Metro Central buildings.
Sunday 19 June 2011 5.05pm
BFLS don't show the razor full frontal though, thus disguising(?) the v.large wind turbines (that don't work?).
Sunday 19 June 2011 7.17pm
I was not that keen at first but have to admit i like it, and when driving down farringdon get the odd feeling..aahh nearly home. It reminds me sometimes of those great big ghetton blasters that teenagers used to carry around on their shoulders! wonder what the turbinbes would sound like if you lived on the top floor though?
Wednesday 22 June 2011 9.47am
I have often wonder the same about the top floor flats in the tower at Empire Square...surely there's a rather obvious glow from the light above them???
Wednesday 22 June 2011 9.55am
Does anyone ever say to themselves "I wonder what the atmospheric pressure is, must have a look at what colour the Empire Square barometer is displaying". It seems to have blended into the background after the initial novelty.
Wednesday 22 June 2011 11.04am
Precisely, Phoney. And even if they did want to know the pressure, are they likely to have memorised the colour-coding? Or be bothered enough to find out what the colour-coding is?

imho, it would have been better to have random colour changes, like the lights on the main road at the top of Redcross Way. At least that would have been decorative.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 22 June 2011 11.08am
'...are they likely to have memorised the colour-coding? Or be bothered enough to find out what the colour-coding is?'

Does anyone know?
Wednesday 22 June 2011 2.46pm
Tolstoy wrote:
'...are they likely to have memorised the colour-coding? Or be bothered enough to find out what the colour-coding is?'
Does anyone know?

Seriously? Wouldn't that be a sensible thing to do? Anyways, Batman's cave (Starta) has quite grown on me in recent months. I qgree with Jan, I get the "almost home feeling" too. Then again, I also get that from the Shard although it always seems to take longer to get home once I've spotted it. But eh - where is the long standing winner of the worst architecture award - The Tower Hotel???
TAK
Wednesday 22 June 2011 7.32pm
Tolstoy wrote:
Does anyone know?

I think I once found an explanation what the different colours mean online - needless to say I forgot about it a few days later...
I keep wondering once in a blue moon what the colours stand for though...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions