London SE1 community website

World's ugliest buildings - one at Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Wednesday 22 June 2011 7.53pm
The colour code and pressure table is here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2033 (you may need to scroll down a long way)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 23 June 2011 12.34am
TAK wrote:
Tolstoy wrote:
'...are they likely to have memorised the colour-coding? Or be bothered enough to find out what the colour-coding is?'
Does anyone know?

I think I once found an explanation what the different colours mean online - needless to say I forgot about it a few days later...
I keep wondering once in a blue moon what the colours stand for though...

Yeah I saw that online explanation too but didn't bother printing it off or memorizing it because when they still had a marketing suite I popped in and asked about the light box and from thier explanation I realised that its not comparable to a baromoter in accuracy, its more of a kinetic light sculpture - changing colour in reaction to changes in air pressure.
Thursday 23 June 2011 7.41am
James Hatts wrote:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2033 (you may need to scroll down a long way)

Thanks, James. Now I just need to learn what it actually means when it says "high pressure" ;0)

(Well worth clicking on your link, if only to read "The beacon on the top of Tabard Square's residential tower is intended to act as a 'beacon for urban regeneration', and will enhance Tabard Square as a landmark and inspiration to the local community," - which I'm editing to make clear was NOT anything you said, James, but a quote from Berkeley Homes)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 23 June 2011 8.37am
High pressure = it's going to rain soon.
Low pressure = it's raining.
Thursday 23 June 2011 11.01am
Nice one, James.

Thursday 23 June 2011 1.25pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
James Hatts wrote:

Thanks, James. Now I just need to learn what it actually means when it says "high pressure" ;0)

(Well worth clicking on your link, if only to read "The beacon on the top of Tabard Square's residential tower is intended to act as a 'beacon for urban regeneration', and will enhance Tabard Square as a landmark and inspiration to the local community," - which I'm editing to make clear was NOT anything you said, James, but a quote from Berkeley Homes)

Well, I don't feel inspired by it, but at least they didn't use the word 'iconic' (this time).
Thursday 23 June 2011 1.45pm
I think it maybe has to continue in its role as a "landmark and inspiration" for a few years before it can be truly called iconic ;0)

I'd love to hear the Berkeley Homes bloke describe the piazza outside St George's.....

Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions