London SE1 community website

Fox behind The Young Vic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Sunday 26 June 2011 1.43pm
seen this fox a few times , often quite happily sunning itself on the grass outside my flats. Trotted past me one day with what looked like a toy teddy bear in its mouth and spent a frustrating 5 mins trying to figure out how to get it through some railings lol !

I know whose car that is as well ..will have to show him the pics !
Monday 27 June 2011 6.46am
This might well be the fox who has a den in one of the gardens of the flats at 88-110 The Cut. He/she settled in one garden last year but was moved on by the garden's owner (using the male urine repellent method I believe!). The fox has since made it's home in another of the flats' gardens where it is not so unwanted.

It's beeen known to come right up to the threshold of an open back door in one of the ground floor flats. I'm not sure how concerned to be about it, being another ground floor flat dweller with a pet cat, and a baby arriving in a few weeks.

Great pics
mac
Monday 27 June 2011 8.32am
I wonder if this is the same fox I saw strolling across Blackfriars Road a while back. All the traffic had to stop for him - he didn't seem in much of a hurry either!
Monday 27 June 2011 9.21am
A very Metro fox... there are a number of them about but rare to see them quite so comfortable.

Maybe it's this one?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWFtLTEyY5o
Wednesday 29 June 2011 7.50pm
Great looking fox, I've been watching a family of 5 in the Long Lane area, and now they've dug a den below my flat :)
They only come out after 10pm so it's hard to get good photos but here are some for any fans http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvfAyhS
Thursday 30 June 2011 12.06pm
Didn't post this as a proper link. Enjoy Nelson the Middle Class Metrosexual fox!

Nelson the Fox - Middle Class is Magical!
Thursday 30 June 2011 2.46pm
I spotted 2 foxes around Long lane aread last night at around 10pm. There was a small one and another one 20 yeards away, which was limping. I was wondering if I should call the RSPCA. Foxes do not hang about too long so the RSPCA may not be able to come in time to check on its health.
Thursday 30 June 2011 4.03pm
Hi Connie,
Was it near the chip shop area of long Lane? I'll look out for the foxes tonight that live below me, if I see one limping I'll let the RSPCA know where they live if it needs treatment
Thursday 7 July 2011 3.06pm
found this on youtube ....NOT the same foxes in this thread but worth a chuckle :)

Foxes play on trampoline !!
Thursday 4 August 2011 12.12pm
One of our Waterloo foxes has mange quite badly. A symptom is that they lose their fear of humans; and their fur falls out in patches. Friends of mine over in E8, have successfully used a homoeopathic remedy to treat mange. Inspired by them I've been creeping around in the deep nigh-time with the remedy on tiny honey sandwiches (foxes have a sweet tooth - this one doesn't); cat food; and ham - all refused. It did have some treated water, and I got within two feet of it.

There are three teen-age foxes that romp in the garden between Tait and Benson Houses after midnight but one cough and they're gone.

Mange is contagious and will probably affect the other foxes, but it can be cured even though my best efforts haven't worked. Dogs will only catch it if they are not in good condition.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions