London SE1 community website

Fox behind The Young Vic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Thursday 4 August 2011 1.04pm
Your homeopathic methods haven't worked?

Well blow me down!
Thursday 4 August 2011 1.52pm
Guy's street wrote:
Your homoeopathic methods haven't worked?
Well blow me down!

Homoeopathic methods do work, have you ever tried any?

Let me explain: drops of the remedy are sprinkled on food (that is not the treatment); it depends on getting the fox to eat the treated food over a period of about three weeks. Tried and tested elsewhere with success. I haven't found a food that this fox will accept so I'm not yet in a position to say if the remedy works on this fox.

If you just want an argument about whether alternative therapies work or not, I suggest you set up a new topic. I'm sure the thread would be very busy.
mac
Thursday 4 August 2011 3.56pm
I think it's really nice that you're trying to help the fox Veronica. I hope he agrees to eat the food and maybe the treatment will work.
Thursday 4 August 2011 4.41pm
Well one thing that will work is Ivermectin. I used to see a fox taking chicken from a woman near me. If Ivermectin was put on that it would cure mange. Basically the stuff you rub in your cat or dogs neck if they have it will work if ingested.
Thursday 4 August 2011 6.08pm
I saw this fox snapping up the crow out our lounge window! At about 4.30pm! It was choice.

Fox Eating Crow
Thursday 4 August 2011 9.58pm
I remember about 10 years ago, when I lived in Rotherhithe, there was an outbreak of mange. The Fox Project sent me some homeopathic remedy, instructing me to put it in jam sandwiches - and it worked! Except for one young fox, who decided to sleep on my cat's mat, outside - and very sadly died in my arms, when I gently picked it up to place it in the empty bath. Gulp.
Friday 5 August 2011 8.47am
Its the treatment working ???
Friday 5 August 2011 8.48am
Thanks for caring aobut the fox, i hope everything its going good so far... cheers

Friday 5 August 2011 9.33am
Veronica wrote:
Guy's street wrote:
Your homoeopathic methods haven't worked?
Well blow me down!

Homoeopathic methods do work, have you ever tried any?

Let me explain: drops of the remedy are sprinkled on food (that is not the treatment); it depends on getting the fox to eat the treated food over a period of about three weeks. Tried and tested elsewhere with success. I haven't found a food that this fox will accept so I'm not yet in a position to say if the remedy works on this fox.

If you just want an argument about whether alternative therapies work or not, I suggest you set up a new topic. I'm sure the thread would be very busy.

No, I haven't. It was just too easy a joke to let pass. No offence intended!
Tuesday 9 August 2011 1.39pm
Veronica wrote:
Inspired by them I've been creeping around in the deep nigh-time with the remedy on tiny honey sandwiches (foxes have a sweet tooth - this one doesn't); cat food; and ham - all refused. It did have some treated water, and I got within two feet of it.

My neighbour feeds them chicken every night I think, have you tried that?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions