London SE1 community website

Doctors Surgeries Are you happy with yours?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Monday 11 July 2011 11.19am
Tolstoy, my sister in law and neices did the same when they moved to Kent about 30 years ago, they did try the local doctor and he was , lets say a dope! for the surgery they are still at.. they moved to my address!
Tuesday 13 December 2011 10.48am
Are Blackfriars medical Centre and Decima St the only Drs near Blackfriars Road?
A friend is moving to the top half of B'friars Rd and needs a Dr in that area.
Thanks
Tuesday 13 December 2011 5.52pm
Sue-Borough wrote:
Are Blackfriars medical Centre and Decima St the only Drs near Blackfriars Road?
A friend is moving to the top half of B'friars Rd and needs a Dr in that area.
Thanks

They could try this link
Wednesday 14 December 2011 9.46am
I had an appointment with g.p. on Monday morning and in the waiting room which only had one other patient, heard the receptionist tell a caller that they had no appointments for emergencies that day, and that they would have to phone the following day at 8am...as they did not have emergency appointments in the evening! Lucky it was not me on the end of that phone, she even told a man who attended the surgery exactly the same thing...what right does a receptionist have to tell a patient to call back the following day? the mind boggles.

To any one in that situation I would tell the receptionist to tell the Doctor to phone me back and then I would repeatedly phone all the morning to remind her!
Wednesday 14 December 2011 2.07pm
I think the reception staff at Waterloo Health Centre are some of the best I have ever encountered.

Whilst ultimately it's more important that you get a quick and accurate diagnosis from the Dr, we all know that the gatekeeping can sometimes make the initial interaction stressful.

It's not an easy job but I think these guys deserve credit for doing a great job. It makes me even more inclined to recommend this practice to people weighing up their options locally
Wednesday 14 December 2011 2.30pm
Over the years, my experiences at Princess surgery has been less than good. Every time I have a smear test, they make me bleed and have to have the test done again. Last summer I bled for 3 days. I also bad times with blood tests, the nurses only manage to draw blood after 2 or 3 trials on both arms. In France I never ever have these problems.
And I also get very annoyed about blood tests taking. It is very unhygienic: the nurse never cleans the area on my arm before taking the blood, taps on my harm to find a vein but her hands are less than clean (she fetches you from the central waiting room, opens a couple of doors which are also used by patients to come in and out), she does not wash her hands or uses gloves and has very dirty finger nails and reeks of smoke. arrgghhh
Wednesday 14 December 2011 5.36pm
I have had good and bad exeriences too with the Nurses and Reception Staff at Princess St.
Recently I had the phone put down on me- when I questioned why I could not get an appointment with my GP for three weeks. When I eventually got an appointment-emergency- the Doctor told me there were loads of free slots-so she could not understand why the receptionists were saying there were no appointments. Another time I could not get an appointment with a genuine emergency- I saw a GP I had not seen before- who went ballistic with me- for using an emergency appointment ( I was in agony with a suspected burst eardrum) when she had appointments free that am. Again I was told there were no appointments free??? When I then questioned the receptionist about this on the way out-and still in pain- she said she wasn't going to be abused or disrespected by me- and caled the practice manager who was actually very nice,
There are alot of complaints about Princess st on the NHS website
Wednesday 14 December 2011 6.47pm
Don't tell me about appointments at Princess St, I have to wait 6 weeks to 2 months to see my GP. I like her so I prefer seeing her. Last time I called for an appointment in October, the only 3 slots available until January was in early December on the same morning at 11am, 11:05 and 11:10. Not very helpful really when you work.
Wednesday 14 December 2011 9.29pm
I suppose the fewer patients the receptionist books in...the less work!
Thursday 15 December 2011 10.21am
I'm very lucky then at PSGP, I ask to speak to my GP who fits me in at the end of surgery. I will only see one Dr there and if she ever leaves I'm not sure what I will do!!! The best Dr was Dr McEwan.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions