London SE1 community website

Doctors Surgeries Are you happy with yours?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Friday 16 December 2011 9.28am
I use Decima Street and usually you can get an emergency appointment on the day or an appointment with a doctor within a couple of days...it may not be the doctor of your choice but we don't pay for a 5 star super deluxe service so I am more than happy with the service my surgery provides.
Friday 16 December 2011 10.18am
I've never had any problems with Princess Street, and if you're happy to see any doctor you can usually get an appointment the next day.
Friday 16 December 2011 12.32pm
Well Williamn- I am very glad to here they don't treat all their patients the same- I think it is as simple as who answers the phone- I have also had good experiences- but some dreadful.
Sunday 18 December 2011 9.45pm
I use Decima Street too. I never find it easy to get the same day appointment. I have to redial constantly just before 8:30am (in case their clock differs from what shown on tele). I have been told it was full before when it was only 8:45am. It's obvious that there are insufficient GPs/surgeries. Things might have improved since as I rarely visit the surgery unless I really have to.
Sunday 18 December 2011 10.39pm
I use Decima St on a regular basis. I've never had difficulty getting a same day appointment, or the next day. I've been going there for 17 years and always had good service from doctors, nurses and reception staff. They have more doctors than ever now, plus the Artesian health centre.
Monday 19 December 2011 3.54pm
I agree that the reception staff at Waterloo Health Centre are excellent, especially ?Sacha. In all I think this surgery provides a good service and I like the 'drop-in' surgery system.
Tuesday 20 December 2011 10.21am
Have been with the waterloo Health centre on lower marsh for just over 6 years . Never had any problems there and the rare times i have to go there to see a doctor i just go to the drop in clinic they have from 0900-1100 each day , very handy system and saves having to wait for an appt. Had to go there once in the afternoon a short while back as was quite unwell and they managed to squeeze me in at short notice

would deffo recommend
Wednesday 18 January 2012 8.51am
Seems like the system works the same everywhere-
or rather doesn't work.
My daughter walked round to our local surgery yesterday evening to try to get an appointment for today. She was told that she could only book an appointment on the actual day. The surgery opens at 8 a.m., so that's when she started phoning. Three times she was held in a queue, just to get through to the surgery. When she did get through she was told on each occasion that she was in another queue for 'appointments.' When she got through to that department, on each occasion a recorded message thanked her for calling her GP's out of hours surgery. Finally, at 8.15, after another bout of queuing and listening to recorded messages, she got through to the receptionist who told her their system was down and they were not taking any appointments until further notice, as they could not access any records.
All that on an 0844 number.
Marvellous.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions