London SE1 community website

Noise from Isabella Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Tuesday 5 January 2016 6.25pm
Karen, what I meant was that in a Turkish village they would pay attention to the community needs, these guys have clearly not brought those manners with them. I hope, for your sakes, they are severly restricted in the future.
Saturday 16 January 2016 8.06pm
again last night , friday ,thai silk, around 9.30/10pm Unbelievably loud thumping music coming from the bar ,Disco lights spinning round. Screams and shouts by patrons until quite late in the night.they don't have no respect for their neighbours .how long are we gonna have to put up with this?
Saturday 16 January 2016 10.33pm
At 11.40 I sent an email to the council about the noise. I even went out onto the landing to check it wasn't someone in the block having a party it was so loud. But no, it was Thai Silk, disco lights still spinning and thumping, loud noise. They seem to take it in turns don't they?
Wednesday 20 January 2016 1.58pm
All the papers for the licence review for the three Isabella Street venues have now been published:

http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=5333

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 20 January 2016 4.05pm
thanks james,interresting but a lot to read (264 pages).
Zoe
Wednesday 20 January 2016 4.36pm
It's worth reading!! Are you coming to the hearing?
Wednesday 20 January 2016 4.45pm
of course , 10 am on 27th of january at 160 Tooley Street.see you there.
Zoe
Wednesday 20 January 2016 7.13pm
Not sure if we actually know each other! I will PM you to discuss the hearing.
Tuesday 26 January 2016 12.28am
It seems that EV is denying there is a problem. The owner has not witnessed any noise and so therefore there isn't any noise. The owner is rarely to be seen. His managers have obviously not told him of the number of times we have gone down and complained. Perhaps he would like to look on YouTube and listen to the noise recorded on my iPad from the top floor of Styles House.
Tuesday 26 January 2016 9.54am
No, no noise here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdxl8iTBpkg

Not sure how to link it in, so you will need to copy and paste into YouTube.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions