London SE1 community website

Noise from Isabella Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Tuesday 26 January 2016 4.20pm
EVE lawyers are calling styles house residents liars.this is so bad.also they are refusing to agree on so many terms of the review of the new license application.who do they think they are ? no more business from me that's for sure, actualy the last few time we where there with friends we found the food rather tasteless and expensive.
Zoe
Tuesday 26 January 2016 6.47pm
I am somewhat surprised to see their denial that they knew there were problems, given that I personally met with them several times over the last ten years to discuss the issues. Jacks bar, to their credit, haven't tried to deny there are problems and in fact have tried over the last ten years to resolve the problems, but with little cooperation from the other bars in the street.
Tuesday 26 January 2016 8.44pm
Yes, Jacks tried to make things better last year but I think they gave up in the end because the other businesses wouldn't cooperate. Jacks do try to get their clients in earlier, but they still play loud music so are not totally innocent. I am really annoyed by EV; max33 is right in that they are really calling us liars. Thai Silk is now complaining and trying to write its own Licensing Conditions. It doesn't look good for either of them really, they both come out as total wingers with so many holes in their arguments. Very sadly I am not able to go to the hearing tomorrow, good luck to those that do and let's hope the committee do the right thing to control these businesses so we can sleep at night.
Saturday 30 January 2016 1.47pm
How other cities try and deal with nightlife...

Maybe Boris or his potential successors should attend this.
Saturday 30 January 2016 5.23pm
When will we find out the results of the licencing review ?
Saturday 30 January 2016 6.12pm
as it was a "quite a complicated case" (words use by the council commitee ) and we spent nearly four and a half hours debating it ,the council will let us know of the outcome as soon as possible, hopefully next week .I was suprised of the pathetic demands made by Ev to the council as Jack's and Thai silk agreed from the beguining.
Zoe
Saturday 30 January 2016 7.33pm
The bars have made no attemt to change their behaviour either during the review or since the licence hearing. They really don't care and presumably think they can rely on their expensive lawyers (there were a lot of lawyers in that hearing).

Thank you to Cllr Adele Morris for her support.
Saturday 30 January 2016 10.15pm
I couldn't be at the hearing because I had a long-standing appointment outside London, however, I have been told all about it. I was quite surprised to come back and find that Thai Silk are still playing music loud enough to be heard up on the 11th floor, so what was said in the meeting, including the comments made by residents hasn't had much impact. I'd like to thank Cllr Morris too because she pushed the council into action.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions