London SE1 community website

Cllr Dan Garfield - cyclists are murderers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Thursday 2 April 2015 7.10pm
johnnytee wrote:
jonnyp42
you are not correct. The Shared Space concept is being challenged in the transport field. The much lauded benefits are over hyped when you look at the actual outcomes. It is now pretty disrespected!

It has its place in a few situations. Mainly roads with very low levels of traffic. Not many of those in Southwark.

But as a replacement for fully segregated or seperated cycle routes? Complete nonsense - I've been to the Netherlands and studied their infrastructure. If Southwark are relying on shared space to increase the numbers of people cycling they will fail spectacularly.

You appear to be expressing an opinion and clearly there's nothing wrong with that but you offer no actual evidence to support it. So it is a little strong to describe me as 'incorrect', you just don't happen to agree...

There is no room for the traffic let alone segregated cycle routes, shared sense makes perfect sense where there is no other option. Share Space = Shared Responsibility.
Thursday 2 April 2015 10.27pm
jonnyp42 wrote:
Share Space = Shared Responsibility.

There is no such thing as responsibility, It's all about entitleMEnt now.
Thursday 2 April 2015 10.48pm
I'm not sure why this thread has made a comeback. However I'm declaring a moratorium on the interminable cyclists vs other road users debate over the long Easter weekend, so this thread ends here for now.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions