London SE1 community website

Late night drinking dens in SE1??

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 19 August 2011 11.35am
Sent you a PM amarradia, but if you're looking at Lower Marsh, Scooterworks has to be the most interesting hangout for a late night drink. Gets pretty busy as it is tiny.
Friday 19 August 2011 11.35am
Da Vinci's is a fine place to rub shoulders at 3am with drunken folk from all corners of society.
Friday 19 August 2011 1.03pm
I'm a big fan of scooterworks, but its the other side of SE1 to me - looking for somewhere nearer the london bridge/tower bridge area. Platform is somewhere I've been before but they tend to have very loud music. The Rose sounds a good bet, hopefully they still have the late license when they reopen.
Friday 19 August 2011 1.28pm
think The Hide bar is open late - I think until 2 on weekends.
Friday 19 August 2011 8.14pm
The Dover Castle on Great Dover Street is open late on weekends. It's about 150 metres from Borough tube station. It's not amazingly lovely, but it *is* open late!
Thursday 25 August 2011 11.45am
The Victoria on Pages Walk (one street east of TBR) has a late license on the weekends. Fridays are usually busier and the volume unpredictable -- usually pop/disco stuff. Saturdays it's usually low volume and more like easy listening. When it's warm you can sit outside if there's too much LOUD in the Girls Aloud. You can never tell when you walk down the road what kind of night it's going to be, busy or not, boisterous or quiet, but it certainly fits the bill of not resembling a nightclub in any way. That's where I always go even though there's another old pub right behind my flat but then I prefer that sort of old-timey pub to refurbished fancypants ones. It might be worth a shot when you don't want to stray too far from TBR. You can usually get bank seating when you want to huddle up with friends.
Thursday 25 August 2011 12.55pm
I can really recommend the Thomas a Becket pub on the corner of Albany Road / Old Kent Road SE1 5UE. It's a great venue, staff are very friendly, food and drinks are good and it's open until 3.30 during the week and 5.30 Fridays and Saturdays - yes it does have music later in the evenings.... This place is just what the area needed... Try it...!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions