London SE1 community website

Indian Fusion, Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 18 September 2011 11.41am
whoops ! btw another good indian BYO nearby- Simply Indian
Friday 4 November 2011 12.34pm
boroughpaul wrote:
whoops ! btw another good indian BYO nearby- Simply Indian

I wish I could agree with you regarding Simply Indian. I've had some wonderful and some truly awful meals from there in the past.

Having seen your post I thought I'd try it again after giving it a wide berth for several months being fed up with the lack of consistency and tiny portions.

Went in to order a takeaway and sadly the dishes were simply inedible - the patia and sag aloo covered in the same slimey sauce. The naan bread was the only item that was good. So disappointing. Cafe Nawaz gets my vote for consistency every time.
Friday 4 November 2011 12.54pm
The Shad (was Shard) on Tooley Street gets my vote. The food is consistently excellent (try the lamb sikandara) and is more reasonably priced than Nawaz or Fusion (I know because I once ordered from Nawaz and then had to hang up when they told me the price!)
Friday 4 November 2011 12.58pm
Had a meal at Lovage for the first time the other night - excellent, but expensive. I had the tandoori mixed grill - marvellous!

Never had a problem at Cafe Nawaz - there lunch all-you-can-eat buffet is good value for 6.
Friday 4 November 2011 2.15pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
(I know because I once ordered from Nawaz and then had to hang up when they told me the price!)

Please let's not spread around strange voices...
Nawaz is quite cheap and those guys are almost the only ones left being always polite to customers. You can spend 10 pounds and fill up your stomach with nice food.
They may have higher prices on delivery as they are a small place focusing mostly on tables.

I am strongly strongly strongly against people who buy take-aways but even more against restaurants which sell both take-aways and tables, as 90% of the times they just ruin the service in site.

And you order on the phone now... but you may seat at a table tomorrow..
Friday 4 November 2011 2.41pm
Orione wrote:
And you order on the phone now... but you may seat at a table tomorrow..

Would never eat there. How can nawaz charge 35 for something that is almost 13 cheaper at Shad? As for them being friendly, the guy was rather abrupt when I was asked him how he arrived at that figure. I speak only of my experience, Orione; I'm glad you had a different, more positive experience.
Friday 4 November 2011 4.01pm
Orione wrote:
I am strongly strongly strongly against people who buy take-aways

A take-awayist! This is a whole new prejudice I have never before encountered, congratulations!
Friday 4 November 2011 4.47pm
ledge wrote:
Orione wrote:
I am strongly strongly strongly against people who buy take-aways

A take-awayist! This is a whole new prejudice I have never before encountered, congratulations!

Hi. Oh God.. not this please..I don't know how can you misunderstand a judgment with a prejudice... but if you report the whole sentence maybe......

I said and reiterate that we should cook more at home or in alternative buy from take-away only.
I strongly believe that this fashion of restaurants doing take-aways at the same time (without improving the kitchen power) is detrimental for customer service eating in place.

I can give you tens of local examples.

As a consequence I do not buy takeaways from restaurants and I think I am making you a favor the day you will eat in.

It only improves their pockets and decrease our dining experience.

This should be clearer now..

Thank you
Friday 4 November 2011 5.08pm
But Orione, we live in the 21st century and people like to order food for delivery to their homes from various places. I fail to see your point that setablishments offering both a delivery and eat-in service detracts from the service eat-in customers would otherwise receive. Your earlier posting on the matter of Nawaz contradicts entirely what you're saying; you say you're against places that do both, yet you're singing their praises.
Friday 4 November 2011 5.37pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
But Orione, we live in the 21st century and people like to order food for delivery to their homes from various places. I fail to see your point that setablishments offering both a delivery and eat-in service detracts from the service eat-in customers would otherwise receive. Your earlier posting on the matter of Nawaz contradicts entirely what you're saying; you say you're against places that do both, yet you're singing their praises.

You don't get what I am saying but it does not really matter.
I was talking about kitchen capacity and service. Maybe I am explaining it badly.
Thank you anyway
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions