London SE1 community website

NO BROADBAND service owing to CLBER exchange flood

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 September 2011 1.59pm
Anyone else got no broadband / got an update regarding this?

I haven't had broadband all week allegedly because of a flood at the exchange.

Or is this just the usual Sky fobbing me off blaming BT Openreach?

At times like this I wish I could get cable!!!!
Thursday 1 September 2011 2.18pm
I live in Shad Thames (with Be Broadband (part of O2)) and I have broadband. I also appreciate that doesn't help you! ;)
Thursday 1 September 2011 2.29pm
Hmm, thanks. I probably should have said that I am near Bermondsey Square and allegedly lots of people have this problem.....

Perhaps I should bever have left Shad Thames!!!
Thursday 1 September 2011 5.06pm
As I understand it there are two main BT exchanges in SE1 (into which other providers can these days put their kit too): called Southbank and Southwark.

From its location I'm guessing the Southwark one serves Bermondsey. And if there has been a flood there, it could easily have affected one company's equipment more than others'.

I'm served by Southbank (after a long painful installation process through Openreach), was away till last night but, apart from the odd failed page till I refresh, it seems fine.
Thursday 1 September 2011 5.25pm
I'm next to the Alaska building, also on Sky, also on the CLBER exchange, and no problems here. Sky seem to be fobbing you totally off.
Thursday 1 September 2011 5.42pm
Well, thanks to all for your help. Has enabled me to send off a blistering complaint to Sky.
Thursday 1 September 2011 10.18pm
I'm in City Walk and all is fine with AOL. I didn't even know what CLBER stands for, but maybe this will help:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/CLBER
Friday 2 September 2011 2.37pm
The Soutwark exchange is on Great Dover Street, near where it meets Tabard Street / Long Lane. There is an exchange called Bermondsey somewhere below / beyond Bermondsey Tube Station (I don't know the location of it).

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions