London SE1 community website

Borough Market ...good news ????

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 15 September 2011 8.43pm
Sorry to counter James Hatt's previous comments, but we have had an e-mail from BMM to the effect that as of today Peter Wilkinson has stood down as chairman ,and Mr Hyslop is now acting Chairman,no doubt James can confirm this as there is a press release.
Thursday 15 September 2011 9.46pm
ano trader wrote:
Sorry to counter James Hatt's previous comments, but we have had an e-mail from BMM to the effect that as of today Peter Wilkinson has stood down as chairman ,and Mr Hyslop is now acting Chairman,no doubt James can confirm this as there is a press release.

Perhaps you could have checked the SE1 home page before posting this and read the 'breaking news' posted earlier in the evening, prior to your comments above?
Thursday 15 September 2011 10.48pm
Must say ... Very good news......Wilkinson/Reagon did more harm than good to the history as well as the morale of the Market. Hearing good things about the new man in charge, let's hope it continues. Not forgetting that many traders and their employees were badly affected by the previous management.
Thursday 15 September 2011 11.09pm
Just an observation, but maybe a bit more diversity on the board of trustees wouldn't go amiss. And I mean that in all senses of the word - not least professional backgrounds, judging by the list of careers/business interests amongst the trustees...
Friday 16 September 2011 6.49am
This whole story has been a sorry interlude which one hopes may find a more reasonable outcome. It was all getting VERY nasty which is just a shame.
Friday 16 September 2011 9.37am
I hope when all the construction work is finished they have a big gala re-opening, inviting all the local residents and providing some entertainment/feel-good stuff. Might be a nice way to put the past to bed and get everyone re-invested in the market's future. It's a brilliant local asset.
Thursday 6 October 2011 1.56pm
Hurrah I see that Borough Cheese company and their fab Comte are back at Borough Market..Reason prevails.
Thursday 6 October 2011 2.40pm
nigel wrote:
Hurrah I see that Borough Cheese company and their fab Comte are back at Borough Market..Reason prevails.

Seconded.

Bumped into Dominic this morning and he is one relieved trader. Though now he has a bit more competition in BM, which is good news for customers.
Thursday 6 October 2011 2.49pm
spartacus wrote:
nigel wrote:

Seconded.

Bumped into Dominic this morning and he is one relieved trader. Though now he has a bit more competition in BM, which is good news for customers.

This is fantastic news; great for the traders, and us consumers, and the Market.
Sunday 9 October 2011 3.55am
Kappa casein have published a not on their website that they will be back at borough Market from 13th October but will still also trade from their new dairy. Brilliant news, really happy to hear that some of those affected are to return .
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions