London SE1 community website

Borough Market ...good news ????

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Sunday 9 October 2011 10.18am
Kappacasein is the one I always had in mind when I thought about the people who lost their jobs. I don't know for sure they did but I don't see how he could have kept all those workers on. Very good news he's coming back.
Sunday 9 October 2011 10.40am
Do you know what happened to the two guys from Sardinia (those wearing traditional hats) who had very fine Pecorino cheese and other delicacies?

They had to leave because of lack of storage in site. They did not have a big van to shift goods every time. They said they wanted to be back.

I haven't been around for two weeks, are they back?
One of them was still working there but only helping in another stall..
Sunday 9 October 2011 12.40pm
beetroot wrote:
Kappacasein is the one I always had in mind when I thought about the people who lost their jobs. I don't know for sure they did but I don't see how he could have kept all those workers on. Very good news he's coming back.

Agreed. One of the very sad things about the whole fiasco is the jobs that were lost and businesses potentially ruined over an issue that none of the real users of the Market thought was a just cause.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions