London SE1 community website

Sainsbury's coming to The Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Friday 23 September 2011 9.48am
I noticed in the related news article that this new shop will be there to
Quote:
[serve] residents and theatregoers
As a local resident I'm looking forward to a decent selection of game and port (both of which can be a bit hard to get hold locally outside of office hours), but I'm a bit puzzled by the last bit.

As a regular theatre-goer, I've never regarded a visit to a lilliputian supermarket as an essential part of my night out. How will they be serving theatre-goers? Is there going to be a stage in the shop? Perhaps with some nice late night Berlin-style cabaret? But the unit doesn't look big enough to fit in much shelving around it.
Zoe
Friday 23 September 2011 11.26am
Perhaps it's for tight theatre goes like me, who stock up before I go in.
Friday 23 September 2011 12.52pm
Were you the one rustling sweet bags behind me in The Playboy of The Western World on Monday? <shakes fist>
Friday 20 January 2012 4.57pm
Three of the planning applications relating to the new store will be considered by Lambeth's planning committee on 31 January.

Planning officer reports here, here and here.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 20 January 2012 7.28pm
James
Thank you for that. When you read it all through you see how difficult, if not impossible, it is for individuals, to stop the juggernaut of large groups who have the legal firepower and money to work their way through the system. It makes clear that aspirations to protect a landscape of small businesses are just that, aspirations: there is no legal backing.

I should make it clear I have nothing against Sainsburys per se, indeed I shall use the new shop when Greensmiths is closed.
Wednesday 1 February 2012 2.48pm
It's a shame to see the way The Cut is going. I wonder what will replace Livebait?
Wednesday 1 February 2012 4.07pm
teej wrote:
It's a shame to see the way The Cut is going. I wonder what will replace Livebait?

Tesco Express?
Wednesday 1 February 2012 4.17pm
Merlin Rouge wrote:
teej wrote:

Tesco Express?

Haha. No, it's going to be a burger joint. There's another thread about it somewhere.
Wednesday 1 February 2012 4.28pm
The burger joint replacing livebait will be Byron Burger and if you have ever eaten there you'll know its a very welcome addition. Sainsburys not so welcome.
Wednesday 1 February 2012 5.04pm
jinkazama wrote:
The burger joint replacing livebait will be Byron Burger and if you have ever eaten there you'll know its a very welcome addition. Sainsburys not so welcome.

Byron Burger is a chain just like Sainsburys.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions