London SE1 community website

Where To Watch The Rugby In SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Friday 7 October 2011 12.14pm
Noticed Roxy on BH /Street are open then (but @ 20 for a reservation including breakfast). Possibly also Belushis (if you can bear it) and The Blue Eyed Maid in same neck of the woods, and the Wheatsheaf on Southwark Street which is a large space with several screens, if I recall correctly. They are certainly showing some matches - you would need to check directly with them.
Friday 7 October 2011 12.40pm
Boss St Bloke: get a life!

Cathy: I have a life thanks and I am entitled to my opinion just like you are.

My point was that "Big Phil" should be responding to folks asking where to watch the rugby, not advertising his pub on this forum - which he has a track record of doing.

You're both entitled to your views, but can we keep a bit of civility? I certainly don't want this really useful local forum becoming a giant list of 'here's a special offer we've got on this weekend!!!!' type thing, but equally Big Phil is a regular poster, and he at least isn't lying about who he is. I reckon James can keep a balance, as he explained earlier.

Equally, you've only got to look at some of the other threads on the homeless, for example, to see that incivility, which can be so easy online, is also in danger of ruining a constructive forum.

Sorry, bit preachy, but worth saying I hope.
Friday 7 October 2011 12.43pm
And I agree with all of that. I am bowing out of this one - I made my point/
Saturday 8 October 2011 12.54am
Anyway. It would be nice to talk Rugby on this thread!

Ireland to beat Wales
England to beat France

South Africa to beat Australia
New Zealand to beat Argentina

those are the 1/4 final predictions agreed on over a few pints of fine Crouch Vale Tonight!

good luck to all with a few pennies on the outcomes!

cheers

phil
Saturday 8 October 2011 8.55am
hope you didnt have those on an accumulator bigphil!! ireland out and france all over england so far!!
Saturday 8 October 2011 9.05am
Oh dear. I hope they can come back from this one...
Saturday 8 October 2011 10.10am
Thnaks for that bp!
i did have a 10er down so thats gone down the gurgler already.

the French are playing out of thier skins , and England seem to be shellshocked.
ahhh drop goal , thats done it... :-(
Saturday 8 October 2011 10.35am
Damn.
Saturday 8 October 2011 10.42am
England and Ireland all out in a matter of hours. I set the alarm for 5:45am. Good Grief!
Saturday 8 October 2011 10.43am
That was disappointing. As was last night. With no football to look forward to this weekend, I think I might go back to sleep...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions