London SE1 community website

Where To Watch The Rugby In SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Saturday 8 October 2011 2.18pm
two shockers in a row for england, they looked dazed and confused for most of the scotland match, and played pretty much aimless rugby against france. they deserve to be going home. Maybe too much time spent midget tossing, boozing and womanizing?
Saturday 8 October 2011 3.11pm
And thats just Mike Tindall! wonder what the rest of the teams excuse is?

seems they all took a Flintoff tour!
Saturday 8 October 2011 9.07pm
Sorry you lost your bets but I am now a very happy Welsh woman : ). Any suggestions for a "Wales friendly" pub to watch the semi?
Sunday 9 October 2011 11.48am
Comme dans la plupart des choses, les Anglais sont lents à apprendre que si elles sont chanceuses, elles sont seulement le deuxième meilleur au presque tout!
Sunday 9 October 2011 9.22pm
Debrajoan wrote:
Comme dans la plupart des choses, les Anglais sont lents à apprendre que si elles sont chanceuses, elles sont seulement le deuxième meilleur au presque tout!

My numerous French relatives would probably agree with that dj, and I have sometimes thought it too, but I doubt that I'd voice it publicly in case someone threw a Molotov cocktail through the cab window!
Tuesday 11 October 2011 8.20am
Oh DebraJoan, that's just not true, we're still the best at darts ;-).
Tuesday 11 October 2011 9.25am
So we are getting up to the business end of the competition.

This Sat: 9am ( note 1/2 hr later kickoffs)
Wales v France

Sun 9am
New Zealand v Australia

while we are open for both, the sunday match will have pre match breakfasts, bbqs and live music following the match.

and lastly an Irishman, a Scotsman and an Englishman all walk into a London pub, the Welshman cant make make it as hes still in New Zealand.

cheers all
have a great week!

Phil
Tuesday 11 October 2011 3.10pm
Any predictions for the results bigphil? So I can place a bet the other way ;-)
Tuesday 11 October 2011 3.33pm
oh Froggy , ye of little faith!

this weeks predictions

Wales to beat France ( close call but france have had the one brilliant match, its all downill for them now)

New Zealand to beat Australia ( there is only one way to back this but then I am a rather one-eyed Kiwi)

and for those planning to come down for Speights Sunday
we now have a band for after the match.

so if you like a bit of pub rock come on down and catch the Paekakariki Express ( all the way from Wellington New Zealand!)

cheers

phil
Tuesday 11 October 2011 7.09pm
Give it a rest, 'bigphil', you'll be telling us you sell beer next.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions