London SE1 community website

Goodbye to the 4-5-free

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 6 October 2011 11.04am
Yesterday lunchtime there was a 'pull' of the number 12 bendy outside Metropolitan tabernacle, I saw police car/police/and TFL in their yellow jackets taking details from a number os passengers who obviously had not paid...about a dozen..not being a mathmatician or having any knowledge of how many No.12's run a day I wonder how much money will tfl save?

I wonder if the added issue of bendies spontaneously bursting into flames have ought to do with it?

Can't remember when I saw an old Routemaster burst into flames!
Thursday 6 October 2011 1.51pm
from BBC London

"Also it's emerged that getting rid of "bendies" will cost 300k a year more, as well as a one-off payment of 2.2million to bus operators.

TfL says that's balanced out with predicted savings of 7.4million by reducing fare evasion."

7.4m in fare evasion is huge-why did they not stick a conductor on them they would have more than paid for themselves
Thursday 6 October 2011 3.01pm
oh please, they haven't had fire issues for YEARS.

Somehow the continent manages to have these buses without fare evasion issues...
Friday 7 October 2011 8.49am
Williamn I thought there was a fire reported recently on one? unless it was old news re-hashed? I am going to search for the article now.
Friday 7 October 2011 9.07am
Jan

you are right there was one this summer in Stamford hill and last year one caught fire at Victoria
Friday 7 October 2011 11.26pm
I take it back in that case, but I'm still not convinced its a good reason for getting rid of them.
Saturday 8 October 2011 3.09pm
7.4 million?
Sunday 9 October 2011 5.45pm
It's not exactly unknown for modern double deckers to catch fire, it's just that nobody gets worked up about them so the media beyond local papers doesn't bother to report on them.
Sunday 9 October 2011 8.21pm
The fire thing is completely irrelevant. The main reason why the demise of the bendy bus is a good thing is that the fare-dodging, free-loading ponces can no longer ride the bus whilst the rest of us pay.
Monday 10 October 2011 9.13am
Jan the old one wrote:
7.4 million?

Jan

here's the link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15188600
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions