London SE1 community website

Mayoral Limo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Thursday 29 September 2011 9.07pm
If you want an executive car gripe what about all those armoured vehicles with police motorbike outriders stopping the traffic in the rush hour for them that go to and from that secure garage on Maltby Street?

What's that all about???!
Thursday 29 September 2011 10.11pm
pros wrote:
in september 2010, however, there was a single payment of over 10,000 to a limo company (that's what the google search came up with anyways) which provides limos for corporate events, weddings, hen nights etc.

It might be exactly that - Southwark does do weddings at Grade 2 Listed Kingswood House (and probably other places) and there's no differentiation in the 'spending data' between the Council's spending-as-spending and the Council's spending-as-trading-entity. Maybe they sold a late Summer wedding package and the Limos were part of that!

I have come across instances of "extravagant spending" which turned out to have been councils turning a profit on letting other people use their premises and so on in the past.

Only one way to find out...
Monday 3 October 2011 11.42am
Meanwhile LG08XSD is again parked (without chauffeur) on double yellow lines on Barnham Street.
Wednesday 5 October 2011 3.36pm
LR07WVD is parked (withour chauffeur) on double yellow lines in Barnham Street with a laminated Mayor of Southwark coat of arms on dash.
Tuesday 11 October 2011 6.19pm
LG08XSD is again parked (without chauffeur) on double yellow lines on Barnham Street.

First seen at 16:05. Still there at 19:15.

Next time Southwark announces Cutbacks, remember this.
Tuesday 24 January 2012 1.41pm
As I write there is a traffic jam on Tooley Street caused by a dozen limousines all carrying mayoral shields. All are parked on either Double Yellow Lines in Barnham and Druid Streets or are blocking the Cycle Path and Red Route of Tooley Street.
Tuesday 24 January 2012 1.45pm
City Hall is hosting a Holocaust Memorial Day ceremony today.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 24 January 2012 1.48pm
Paul, are you ever not walking down Barnham St?
Tuesday 24 January 2012 1.56pm
shaggy wrote:
Paul, are you ever not walking down Barnham St?

I live there. Am disgusted at the sight of Council Tax payers money being used to ferry a bunch of individuals who have no function.
Tuesday 24 January 2012 3.30pm
I saw them at lunchtime and I agree with Paul. What a waste of money - all those cars and drivers for what?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions