London SE1 community website

Mayoral Limo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Sunday 29 January 2012 2.10am
pros wrote:

As I've just posted on the feedback page:

Open the "spending map" link and you discover the largest item starts with the word "Other". Not exactly a great sign of transparency or accountability...
Sunday 29 January 2012 9.12am
I often wonder when I see 1million plus of limos around Druid Street for a City Hall mayors' meeting whether a simple(?) option would be for a quick piece of legislation that says anyone in a public office can only have access to an average priced car - say at Mondeo level. Exceptions could be built in for those with security issues such as PM, Home Secretary etc but do wonder why mayors, senior emergency service personnel etc. feel it is ok to be ferried around in a Lexus or BMW - after all both London Mayors used the Tube and bikes.

It could work like the current proposal on benefits cap and I am sure would be supported by the bishops!
Thursday 1 March 2012 1.37pm
I notice that someone puts A4 notes under windshield wipers 'Council Tax pays for this extravagance' - which the chauffeur comes out of Southwark Council offices to remove. The truth annoys?
Tuesday 10 April 2012 12.28pm
Another day and the mayoral limo is blocking Barnham Street (passing vehicles having to mount pavement on East side of street, damaging pavement).
Tuesday 10 April 2012 2.45pm
And at 16:15 both the mayor and deputy mayor have their limos parked in Barnham Street. Let them eat cake?
Monday 30 April 2012 1.02pm
I hear that all the notes put on the mayors personal chauffeur driven limousine are in a file at 160 Tooley Street. I guess the police have nothing better to do than be called in by the mayor with a view to pursuing a charge of criminal damage.
Tuesday 15 May 2012 4.04pm
you are not the Messiah, you're a very naughty boy ...
Tuesday 15 May 2012 4.05pm
'she'
Tuesday 15 May 2012 4.07pm
Auntie Pat wrote:
Perhaps if you ask nicely, he'll let you have a ride around in it.

again, not 'he', 'she'
Tuesday 15 May 2012 9.35pm
Oops, I beg her pardon!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions