London SE1 community website

Homeless sleeping all over parks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Tuesday 4 October 2011 9.46pm
orione wrote:
Simonsays, do you think the only solution is volunteering?
Some people might be doing already very demanding jobs or having big family pressure or God knows what..

People like you always want to make the others appear like evil individuals who do not have empathy.

For goodness sake, Orione. Yet again, your interpretation of a post is wide of the mark, and your response to it is nothing short of an insult to the contributor.

Many people who have 'big family pressure' or the equivalent, find time for selfless efforts to help those less priviledged than themselves in small and huge ways - they don't use their personal circumstances, be they poor or priviledged as an excuse to do nothing constructive. How dare you pronounce judgement of simonsays as 'People like you always want to make the others appear like evil individuals who do not have empathy'. All you have contributed to this thread is a stream of negative bile.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 9.53pm
spartacus wrote:
orione wrote:
Simonsays, do you think the only solution is volunteering?
Some people might be doing already very demanding jobs or having big family pressure or God knows what..

People like you always want to make the others appear like evil individuals who do not have empathy.

For goodness sake, Orione. Yet again, your interpretation of a post is wide of the mark, and your response to it is nothing short of an insult to the contributor.

Many people who have 'big family pressure' or the equivalent, find time for selfless efforts to help those less priviledged than themselves in small and huge ways - they don't use their personal circumstances, be they poor or priviledged as an excuse to do nothing constructive. How dare you pronounce judgement of simonsays as 'People like you always want to make the others appear like evil individuals who do not have empathy'. All you have contributed to this thread is a stream of negative bile.

So it's not just me who thinks that then ;-)
Tuesday 4 October 2011 10.03pm
Orione, firstly I do not believe that volunteering is the "only solution" (to quote you). I was only trying to offer a constructive solution rather than simply castigating other people's suggestions.

I am quite aware that there is a high number of homeless people in SE1. I have lived here my entire life. During that time I have met homeless people who have lost their entire families in a house fire and cannot cope, some who suffer from post-traumatic stress, some having suffered from nervous breakdowns. Please remember that we are talking about human beings who are suffering from psychological illnesses. They could be any one of us. My suggestion was centred around getting out and making a difference yourself rather that blaming someone else.

Secondly, to volunteer is to give up your own time to help others. People have families, "very demanding jobs" but still manage to find the time to help others.

Lastly, I take great offence at your statement "[p]eople like you [me] always want to make the others appear like evil individuals". Being so quick to judge without the facts or details often belies a lack of insight or foresight.

I am sorry to hear of anyone's misfortunes (including the people on the estate), but two wrongs do not make a right. The important thing is to tackle the problem, not pass it on to someone else. This is even more pertinent since as funding to local authorities is cut and donations to charities are falling dramatically, the support networks setup to help homeless people are receding.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 10.12pm
Spartacus. I subscribe anything I said.

Your post is over dramatic.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 10.25pm
Simon I agree with you in everything. But I like when you say finding solution rather than the outsider propaganda.

You happened to mention PTSD. Which is one on the many reasons why you can go on the street...Do you know what post traumatic stress is? I have been working several years on post traumatic stress disorder.

If lets say you want to help someone recovery from post traumatic stress disorder.. and this person happens to be also on the street... it is a bloody hard.

Surely you will not achieve a single bit by letting them drink their livers to death or fight on the curbs for a can of beer.

There are meeting of the safer neighborhoods team with the community where you can go, attend and try to raise a problem or find a solution. I think people in this thread who have interest in this could form a group and discuss few points to raise to them to organize ideas.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 10.26pm
orione wrote:
You should contact me by private messages and we should talk more so you understand how wrong you are in your post..let's avoid one to one posts here.

You don't know in fact what I do to help people and maybe to improve the same community you live in.
But I will tell you all that in private if you wish.

I was answering to simon who was talking about disdain towards homeless.

Seriously - you are taking the p*ss. I've said this before, but you're a very unpleasant character, with very little in terms of any contribution whatsoever. There is nothing to agree or disagree with, only your unpleasantness that increasingly makes me steer away from any conversation you are involved in because it's pointless. I thought that after spending a while on here you might get a feel for tone, but you seem to have gone the other way, you have given up on the appearance of accidentally putting your foot in it, and are now just plain rude, so I think that's just what you are.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 10.46pm
Edward I don't like this but I have reported your posts to James.
You should not allow yourself to express this way. The difference between me and you is that I do not use curse words and I do not offend the very person but rather attack what they have said, even strongly. Is different you know.

You should learn some education. If it is not too late and if your words are not coming out of strong spirits.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 10.54pm
orione wrote:
You should contact me by private messages and we should talk more so you understand how wrong you are in your post..let's avoid one to one posts here.

You don't know in fact what I do to help people and maybe to improve the same community you live in.
But I will tell you all that in private if you wish.

I was answering to simon who was talking about disdain towards homeless.

Apologies, Orione, thank you for the advice, and so clearly illustrating my error, which I am happy to correct now. Obviously, for 'a stream of negative bile' I should have put 'a stream of pompous, self-regarding, negative bile' to conclude my previous post.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 10.58pm
Spartacus same apply . I think you should moderate your words. Education is something that you will discover one day and fulfill your soul. By now you must be unaware.. so go on in your rants..

I am quite surprised that James has not stop this nosense by removing our posts.
Please can you focus on the subject?

You are so obtuse that instead of contacting me f
or real and talk you prefer to post another random rant. How can you see anything right in this?
Tuesday 4 October 2011 10.58pm
orione wrote:
Edward I don't like this but I have reported your posts to James.
You should not allow yourself to express this way. The difference between me and you is that I do not use curse words and I do not offend the very person but rather attack what they have said, even strongly. Is different you know.

You should learn some education. If it is not too late and if your words are not coming out of strong spirits.

The difference between you and me goes well beyond that, luckily for me. And almost ever one of your posts is offensive, on quite a large scale as well. I vowed never to address you again, but I really do believe you are taking the p*ss, and I felt I had to share that with you, which herewith I have done.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions