London SE1 community website

Homeless sleeping all over parks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Tuesday 4 October 2011 11.00pm
Bonkers.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 11.19pm
I am closing this thread for now.

All complaints received will be looked at in the morning.

Goodnight.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 5 October 2011 11.15am
The issue of homeless people in local parks is plainly an important one with many implications on lots of levels.

Some people have got interesting and thoughtful things to say.

Sadly, it is also one of those subjects which brings out the worst in some people.

We've had two threads on this subject in the past week, both of which have rapidly degenerated.

==================================================

orione - please take this as a final warning.

(I know it sounds patronising and I have said this before, but I don't know what else to say...)

I don't think you realise quite how the things that you write come across to other people. The tone of your messages does not make for constructive debate. Plain speaking can be refreshing but rudeness just spoils the discussion for everyone.

The style of your interventions raises the temperature of the discussion, but you do not like it when people respond to you in the same way and you rightly perceive it as rudeness.

I do not want to get into the business of deactivating people's forum accounts (in more than a decade I can hardly recall banning anyone apart from out-and-out spammers and astroturfers). But you have been given ample opportunity to adjust your style of posting to be a bit more open to other people's point of view.

==================================================

For the record, eDWaRD WooDWaRD has apologised for his/her outburst.

I am closing this thread. If anyone wants to start a new thread to discuss positive suggestions as to:

a) how people can help organisations working with homeless people locally
b) other helpful measures to ensure that local parks and green spaces are available and welcoming to all

please feel free.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions