London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Street Saturation Policy

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current: 8 of 8
Sunday 30 October 2011 7.35pm
I just don't get the arguments against. Surely everyone loves Bermondsey Street because it is vibrant and lively with loads of great bars and restaurants, all independent, to choose from. The atmosphere in the street seems to improve year on year and long may it continue. Surely that's part of living in the centre of a great city, rather than some intolerant suburb.
Sunday 30 October 2011 9.14pm
I love it because it has independent shops, services and other businesses as well as its bars and restaurants. For me, it's the mix (and its balance)that matters.
Sunday 30 October 2011 10.45pm
Mr Garcia, some people wish to have something different than another place to eat in?

Is it so hard to understand?

Anyway good luck with your projects. Surely they will be of great quality.
Monday 31 October 2011 9.56am
orione wrote:
Is it so hard to understand?
why people find some of your posts so rude?
No.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 31 October 2011 10.31am
Yes, no need to be rude - just an opinion placed. Thanks.
Monday 31 October 2011 12.58pm
JGarcia said:

"I just don't get the arguments against."

Answer:

"Is it so hard to understand?"

Why is that rude?

Ivanhoe.. focus on other things..
Why don't you PM me when you have something unrelated to say about me? I will do the same but lets not dissect any message like you always do... It is so useless!

My answer was as rude as Mr Garcia question.
Moreover I said :

Anyway good luck with your projects. Surely they will be of great quality.

Is that rude Mr JGracia?

Hope it stops here...
Monday 31 October 2011 1.45pm
Well, that's me told, then.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 2 November 2011 4.23pm
From se1 Twitter feed today On Elephant and Castle Planning Decision:

"Nightclubs make noise. Not just from the music escaping across the rooftops, but from the people who queue directly outside the applicant's scheme, others who leave down Newington Causeway, and still others who laugh and chat in our front courtyard."

Cllr Eliza Mann asked Mr Presencer what sort of development he would consider to be acceptable on the site. "Anything that's not residential," he replied. He suggested offices, restaurants or leisure uses, and reminded members that the site is in the designated 'Enterprise Quarter' where businesses should be encouraged.

Responding to a question from Cllr Michael Situ, Mr Presencer described what he found when he visited his own club at 1am a few weeks ago. "The noise outside was unbelievable," he said.

"There are hundreds and hundreds of people outside shouting, screaming and being drunk. I make no apology for that. They are perfectly within their rights to be drunk at 3 o'clock in the morning shouting to their friends."

Discuss.
Tuesday 14 August 2012 2.55pm
So what's happening at the site now ? It seems to be taking for ever and no indication as to what it is going to be or when it will open ?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current: 8 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions