London SE1 community website

Wedding venue

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 7 October 2011 9.48pm
Hi there - just to add to the above...

- We got married this year (Southwark Cathedral) then took our guests down the river to the National Liberal Club in Westminster - would highly recommend them! Ours was similar sized reception to yours, and they have 2 amazing rooms (one for dinner, and bar, and seperate one for dancing, with loads of lounge space). They also have a fantastic terrace overlooking the river. Not SE1 - but brilliant nonetheless!

- In SE1, we looked into: Shakespeare's Globe (worked out slightly over-budget, and also didn't think it would work in May, but I thought it would be a pretty awesome winter wedding venue); Glaziers Hall (seemed a bit soulless inside, and the actual hall didn't overlook the river - but great room for drinks beforehand); Royal Festival Hall - they have a great room near the top, with an area for bar and coats, and roof garden. Fabulous views.

Hope this helps! Have fun planning, i loved the whole experience, as you can probably tell! :)

Kat
Monday 10 October 2011 8.27am
I would endorse the Delfina, but you will not be able to do your own catering there nor at Glaziers, Blue Print etc. I am a local event organiser, so know many unusual venues, but most have tied catering arrangements. If you get really stuck or need some intros private message me.
Mark
Monday 10 October 2011 11.18am
Not in SE1, but close by - my husband and I got married at The Barbican Conservatory in May 2008. Cannot recommend highly enough, very capable wedding planner there (Alex - not sure if she's still around now) and very reasonable food/drink packages. We weren't going to look there originally as Barbican can appear a bit of a concrete jungle (plus my husband had memories of doing exams there!) but once inside the conservatory we didn't look back, it's an absolutely magical venue.
Monday 10 October 2011 1.36pm
can we just ask that you let us know what you end up doing as I am sure there will be many others who may be looking for similar
Monday 10 October 2011 2.15pm
of course. Good idea!
Monday 10 October 2011 5.19pm
I visited Eltham Palace last week and thought it looked like a lovely place to get married.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions