London SE1 community website

Buying fireworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Zoe
Friday 4 November 2011 7.42am
It's not SE1, but Waitrose over at Tower Bridge generally have some nice ones. I'm not sure if that's much above Tesco/Lidl, but it is Waitrose so you know they'll probably be alright. We've had ones from Waitrose before and they were good.

I think we should ban all three - alcohol, fireworks and cars! We need the state to protect us from ourselves, look at us, we're clearly not able to run our own lives if we can't get on nicely on an internet forum.
Friday 4 November 2011 9.51am
Thanks Zoe! Will give waitrose a go. Yes I agree completely, ban everything, sit still all day and no one will ever be hurt or bothered. It's a great plan! :)
Friday 4 November 2011 11.33am
the shop at Surrey Quays opposite Decathalon was selling them last year
Friday 4 November 2011 4.52pm
hi, just wanted to let you know that bought fireworks at waitrose at st katherines dock/ tower hill buy 1 get 1 free on all, so got 2 large boxes for 15, now set for bonfire, new year and olympics,

also heard that asda sell them too, but don't know for sure,

enjoy!
Friday 11 November 2011 9.32pm
actually, I quite agree, fireworks should be banned for private persons. This is a very, very built up area. Animals, both wild and domestic, plus us normal people, get quite startled by world war I, II and III every october/december. There's no point to it and it is also bad for the environment and ozone layer, not to mention the roof of my car!
It is incredibly selfish for people to let these off in the street or even their (SMALL) gardens!

selfish.

you must be tories.
Tuesday 4 November 2014 7.54pm
Bumping up this thread to ask if anyone knows where I can buy sparklers this year in SE1. I assumed most newsagents would have them, but having covered most of the Old Kent Road and Walworth Road today searching for them, it seems they are now only sold by someone with a fireworks license.

I found some poxy little ones for decorating cakes, and they might have to do.

Anyone seen them around this year?
Wednesday 5 November 2014 12.15pm
the what stores at Surrey quays usually has them
Wednesday 5 November 2014 12.51pm
I think I saw a stall in Asda the other day (the car park end of the store). Good luck though, the queues are normally massive there!
Wednesday 5 November 2014 2.09pm
I'm afraid I am not trusting advice on who has sold them in previous years -- something seems to have changed this year for sure.
Friday 7 November 2014 6.58pm
For an assortment of reasons, we will not be having our communal firework party tomorrow night. We therefore have some fireworks we would like to sell on. Know anybody who is still trying to buy some? Please PM me. James; hope this is okay to post this on this thread.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions