London SE1 community website

Elephant Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 7 November 2011 10.32am
I was, unusually, walking from Walworth Road to the Elephant, and I noticed a few more units open in Elephant Road. In particular there was a rather cute little coffee bar/cafe called something like 'Chatica' which looked quite fun. Anyone been there?
Monday 7 November 2011 10.45am
I agree Chavender, Elephant Road is acquiring a rather lively atmosphere, having always been some sort of backwater cut through, with nothing but warehouses and garages....havent tried the coffee shop...will do so!
Monday 7 November 2011 11.35am
Hi Jackie,

I think you should. It looks very clean and nice inside. I may try it one day when I go there to buy my wonderful Lithuanian bread from the shopping centre.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Monday 7 November 2011 1.19pm
I noticed this walking through the other day too! All sorts of interesting stuff springing up under the arches.
TAK
Monday 7 November 2011 2.01pm
I noticed it too but haven't tried yet. I think it did even have a small table on the outside. I think there is also a new hairdresser near it. Both have fully glazed fronts and looking good when dashing past.
Monday 7 November 2011 4.18pm
I'm a big fan of Chatica, great little family run business. There coffee isn't mind blowing (it does the job) but the empinadas are an excellent weekend snack.
Tuesday 8 November 2011 10.05am
I also just noticed it too when I went to see the Elefest last month. I tried to go for empanadas last Sunday at 5pm but it was aleady closed, damn. There is Chatica, a small bakery/cafe sort of place and next to it there is a big restaurant going all the way down under the arches. Maybe we could organise a SE1 social dinner there...
Tuesday 8 November 2011 11.35am
Just went and peered in this morning...seems quite an operation! Can we do lunch club maybe?
Tuesday 8 November 2011 5.23pm
What would be great would be to have a 'Latin American business awareness day' (with a better title, obviously) - I do feel self conscious going into some of them as I don't know what they sell and they are in very deep units.
Tuesday 8 November 2011 6.47pm
Perhaps if we have lunch there it will make us more aware. I am up for lunch anyway.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions