London SE1 community website

Japanese restaurant, Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 29 December 2011 11.46pm
I love Japanese food. It's about time we get one nearby.
Saturday 25 February 2012 1.31pm
Wawa is now open for business. "Miso, Sake & Benches".

Met the owner - Tim, nice guy. They were handing out menus today - Tim told me it's still a work in progress. Looks great inside.

A welcome addition to the area. Good luck Tim!

Saturday 25 February 2012 6.11pm
Good to hear, though Wawa/TBR is mostly a bit far east for me.

I tried a takeaway from Chozen following my last post and was disappointed. Sushi sets available at the time featured only salmon - no prawn, white fish or tuna. And a Thai tom yum soup that I think had the wrong liquid poured on it: dull brown and nothing like any I'd previously had.
S.G
Friday 9 March 2012 4.30pm
We went for dinner at Wawa last Friday and absolutely loved it. Really relaxed atmosphere and the owner was very polite and helpful. Delicious and reasonably priced food as well and very good sushi maki rolls. It is the perfect place for a chilled out dinner if you fancy a break from the stress of being crushed into a corner at Jose/The Garrison!
Friday 9 March 2012 7.09pm
doesn't seem to have a website though...at least not on google
Tuesday 20 March 2012 1.16pm
Went for the first time today. Good sashimi and miso soup, a tasty curry dish, and plenty of green tea. The service is efficient. All in all, a positive addition to the area, which stands up to comparison with the other Japanese restaurants in the area. I shall be going back.

No connection, etc.
Tuesday 20 March 2012 1.47pm
Is Tim Japanese?
Tuesday 20 March 2012 3.06pm
Food's great. Bit 'canteeny' - benches rather than tables so not a romantic destination by any stretch, but really great food. Well worth a trip, seemed very good value to me.

Staff were very lovely as well. Be good to see this one survive.

No connection etc.
Pen
Thursday 29 March 2012 9.59pm
Just had fab dinner tonight at wawa.

We had prawn tempura, agedashi tofu, spicy edamame, salmon & avocado inside out maki roll, spicy tuna inside out maki roll and tempura prawn maki roll. All were great. Well priced and the staff were lovely. And they do takeaway - ya.
Thursday 29 March 2012 10.12pm
Popped in for a takeaway lunch the other day - Chicken Skewer, Salmon & Avocado roll and Tuna Sashimi. Gorgeous.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions