London SE1 community website

Pizarro (old Bermondsey Kitchen)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pen
Thursday 1 December 2011 4.26pm
Help, Pizarro has now opened and I would love to book a table for tonight but the number on this SE1 site is no longer working and no one is picking up at his Tapas bar.

There is not a number on the website.

Does anyone have a number?

Thanks Pen's x
Thursday 1 December 2011 4.28pm
I understand that they do not take bookings.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 1 December 2011 5.39pm
It's their 'Soft Opening' tonight - guest list only. It look's rather nice :-)
Friday 2 December 2011 9.08am
Pizzaro is in soft opening until Monday with 50% off food - I went yesterday for lunch and loved it - I'm very pleased it's now open!
They don't take reservations (aside from the private dining room I believe), and there are far less tables then the old Bermondsey Kitchen but the good news is there is a considerable amount of bar style seating, particularly along the front window.

I need the iberico pork again.
Friday 2 December 2011 12.36pm
You mean... "fewer tables".

(or possibly less of an area made available for tables)

SORRY!!! I cannot help it. It is a terrible compulsion. No offence intended at all :)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Pen
Friday 2 December 2011 12.37pm
I tried to go last night but not till 9.30pm and they had run out of a lot of the food on the menu by then so we gave it a past.

Think we will try again over the weekend during lunch time.
Friday 2 December 2011 8.08pm
Just went tonight (Friday) and the food was excellent with a great atmosphere - a queue had formed by 6pm, just before they opened.

There is a wider variety of seating choices than the old Bermondsey Kitchen - kitchen bar seats, regular bar, window seats, leather booths, tables, private dining room - and certainly more seats in total than before.

This is a really classy re-fit of the space.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions