London SE1 community website

Cynical - Southwark Council

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Current: 9 of 9
Saturday 21 January 2012 3.32pm
Just to report that the proposal for four free 20-minute parking bays was unanimously approved by Bermondsey Community Council this week:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5788

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 21 January 2012 4.43pm
The power of this forum!

Good on ya James!!
Sunday 22 January 2012 12.07pm
well done to all and well done to the council for listening. question is...how many spaces?? and will they be enough? next campaign to make more free parking available across the borough...
Sunday 22 January 2012 9.40pm
fantastic!
Sunday 22 January 2012 10.20pm
Good Lord! Something sensible came of it!
I'm gobsmacked! Maybe there is hope after all!

Hurrah!
Monday 23 January 2012 12.14pm
amazed by just how quickly Southwark Council can moved when named and shamed...need to instill this kind of work ethic throughout all the services the council provides
Monday 23 January 2012 1.01pm
I still need to attend court about this fine.

What a waste of time money.

I alone contacted Peter Johns,Simon Hughes, Boris Johnson and South London Press, posted on this forum and wrote letters to Mandela way sorting office, Customer relations department for the Post office and visited Mandela Way and discussed it with the manager.

Why couldn't simple sense prevail at the outset.

I urge NO ONE who was fined to pay.

Will we all get these fines rebuked.

Well done to all those people who posted and made such an effort to get these bays. Its a powerful forum.
Tuesday 24 January 2012 12.02am
Should that read 'annulled' ?
Rebuked means 'told off' .
Tuesday 24 January 2012 1.40pm
Perhaps Southwark could look at the traffic jam being caused this afternoon on Tooley Street by a dozen limousines all carrying mayoral shields. All are parked on either Double Yellow Lines in Barnham and Druid Streets or are blocking the Cycle Path and Red Route of Tooley Street.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Current: 9 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions