London SE1 community website

Cynical - Southwark Council

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9
Friday 16 December 2011 2.46pm
If there is a good chance all the decent folks with tickets who were collecting parcels will have the ticket cancelled - why not give them a Happy Xmas and cancel them now as a good will gesture?

And put the money saved to a good use, like painting some parking bays?
Friday 16 December 2011 3.17pm
It appears that you are infrerring the parking policy of your own traffic dept at this site is not in the best interests of the residents of the borough Mr John. You also appear to support people contesting tickets issued at this site and want to have an interest in seeing these appeals by asking to copied in. Are you then suggesting people should ignore the parking regulations in place until the council can go through some overly bureaucratic process (and waste even more taxpayer money) on something that is beyond obvious to everyone who has ever visited this road and sort soemthing out. This is exactly what gets people riled about the ineptitude of council staff, when thay can't get things done without spending huge amounts of time and money on the bleeding obvious.
Friday 16 December 2011 3.34pm
Hmm, that seems a bit harsh. I'm impressed that the leader of the council engaged on the issue (what a great place the SE1 forum is - you can get a response from all kinds of people!), appears to have taken some action, is asking for the issue to be investigated in detail and in the meantime is happy to be kept up to date about appeals. I'm not at all riled by the response.
Friday 16 December 2011 4.16pm
Neil you're probably right...and I was a bit harsh. But clearly you cannot have someone in authority suggesting you ignore rules without the whole system being brought into disrepute. The simple thing here is the rules are ridiculous for a Saturday pick-up and should be changed. The process will no doubt be interminable and costly, and need to be expedited ASAP.
Zoe
Friday 16 December 2011 7.29pm
graham wrote:
Roger C - Is SE1 that big?

Baylis Road to Mandela Way is around 2.5 miles, SE1 is surprisingly big.
Friday 16 December 2011 10.28pm
PeterJohn wrote:
There is a path through to the sorting office.

Yes, there is, and it is one that I personally try to avoid since happening upon drug dealers there. Even without them, it is a rather intimidating walk way. Not exactly the prettiest of paths...
Sunday 18 December 2011 9.02am
WalkIt.com reckons its more like one and a half miles, which is closer to my experience of walking it.
Sunday 18 December 2011 9.21am
Peter John why don't you just cancel all the tickets issued outside the sorting office and save your hard pressed council tax payers time and money rather than the passive option of just being cced on appeals. I think this is you duty as a democratically elected leader of Southwark.
Zoe
Sunday 18 December 2011 10.06am
I think that shows how walking is more efficient than driving (I went by google maps which defaults to driving).
Sunday 18 December 2011 12.10pm
Hi boroughpaul. Agreed - it would be easier if they let you park there.

I'm just suggesting a way of taking advantage of existing legislation so you can park there without incurring a ticket.

If they want to be pedants, then we should be pedants back. Hopefully, one day they'll realise it's cheaper just to send someone down with a tin of paint and put in some free temporary parking bays.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions