London SE1 community website

Airport Taxi

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Saturday 31 December 2011 6.21pm
schnake wrote:
airport executive cars
+44 (0) 208 838 3333 / 3299
http://www.airportexecutive.co.uk/
they charge 31 from se1 to LHR one way. (or 38 for an estate)

This must be music to Tom Pepper's ears, at that price the driver is paying YOU for the privilege of taking you to the airport!
Still, help yourself while it's available.
Saturday 31 December 2011 7.19pm
Apart from public transport the cheapest option I've found is http://www.hotelbybus.com , which I used this month to ferry my father in from Heathrow when I couldn't meet him: 22.50 each way, with some offers available on round trips.

They have a stand or booth inside the terminal, so no searching lines of drivers waving clipboards with names on, or scouring badly signposted pick-up points outside. Maximum of four stops per journey, and they can use designated bus lanes. My dad got here at least an hour ahead of their forecast and was well impressed.

As the name implies, they don't do door-to-door to private addresses, but in SE1 most of us will have a hotel on their dropdown list that's near enough to act as rendezvous.

Now owned by Arriva after a couple of previous operators went bust. It's still not very well advertised but I'd say worth it as the intermediate choice between rail and cab.

[Usual disclaimer: no personal connection etc.]
Saturday 31 December 2011 7.25pm
Oh, and as the rate is per person, economical mainly for a single traveller I should add.
Sunday 1 January 2012 4.36pm
Debrajoan wrote:
schnake wrote:
airport executive cars
+44 (0) 208 838 3333 / 3299
http://www.airportexecutive.co.uk/
they charge 31 from se1 to LHR one way. (or 38 for an estate)

This must be music to Tom Pepper's ears, at that price the driver is paying YOU for the privilege of taking you to the airport!
Still, help yourself while it's available.

I hear you on that one dj, but although it is reasonable to think that I, as a black cab driver, consider minicabs to be the "enemy", I feel a little sorry for them on this issue, not a lot, but a little.
They make their money on the 5.00 and 6.00 jobs that go from The Dog and Duck to the Queen's Head or home, or vice-versa.
Trips to the airport are a loss leader, and a serious loss at that, but they grudgingly do them so that their number is remembered, then they get called for the bread and butter locals.
I would bet that when a punter calls a minicab firm requesting a car to the airport there is a mad scramble to avoid it, and whichever unfortunate gets it considers that he has pulled the short straw.
Tuesday 3 January 2012 2.14pm
I have used Airport Executive for quite a number of years now and generally they are very good with good vehicles - only once or twice the pick-up for the return from Heathrow hasn't been there when I have arrived but they are very quick to respond and let you know where the chap is.

I do tend to direct them to Lambeth Bridge as there can be some strange and slow routes taken through SE1.
Tuesday 3 January 2012 6.19pm
Airport exec is now 37 .... make sure they know how to avoid Hammersmith flyover (ie stick south as far as you can)
Friday 19 October 2012 4.22pm
I know this is an old post but I recently used Order a Cab. To be honest I couldn't find any cheaper airport transfer quote. Living in the Southwark area, I would definitely recommend these guys for any Minicabs in London.
Saturday 20 October 2012 9.26am
I recently used Just Airports again after a while driving myself. 31 from Brickayers Arms to T1 is cheap.
Wednesday 24 October 2012 1.36pm
Hmmm I think Minicabs in London are slightly cheaper and to be honest, their website is a lot easier to use.
Wednesday 24 October 2012 2.11pm
if you want the taxi both ways (rather than just 1 way) pre-book parking at the airport isn't so expensive by comparison
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions