London SE1 community website

Gregg Wallace

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 16
Wednesday 21 March 2012 4.11pm
Yep - agreed. The person who wrote it was "Marina" - and I will be ignoring it too.

I really want Gregg to succeed and can't believe he is not taking notice of the bad reviews and fixing things up. Good luck Gregg

I love the buttery biscuit base.
Wednesday 21 March 2012 4.25pm
I am sure Gregg will go from strength to strength. We are on the cusp of a massive "Angel Delight" revival. It was foretold in the Mayan Calendar!
Wednesday 21 March 2012 4.36pm
Pieces of Eight wrote:
I am sure Gregg will go from strength to strength. We are on the cusp of a massive "Angel Delight" revival. It was foretold in the Mayan Calendar!

Well stranger things have happened,who'd have thought that bangers and mash would become a culinary delight.

Sorry if this has already been posted but this could be his pal.......

http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/00,news,25413,185,00.htm
Wednesday 21 March 2012 6.43pm
It does read like a bully putting the boot in, totally unnecessary in my view. I might even check it out now!
Wednesday 21 March 2012 8.28pm
I have to hand it to you, Mr Wallace. The future of Greggs Table is assured. A food critic (quite rightly I.M.O), highlights the paradox of a man who judges other peoples food, serving up expensive slop in his own restaurant, and is condemned as a "bully" and "putting the boot in"!
I don't know how you're going to fit all these punters in to your place. You've already got the "He's the cheeky cockney bloke off Masterchef" crowd, then there's the "He's a local boy so, let's get behind him" mob. Now you are the plucky underdog, sticking two fingers up at those snobby food critics and serving real food for real people.
Iwouldn't even bother with a chef if I were you, get youself down to Iceland, stock up and stick everything in the fryer. It appears you could sell Dog Turds Provencale at the moment. All power to you.
Wednesday 21 March 2012 8.51pm
You didn't rate it then Pieces of Eight.
Thursday 22 March 2012 4.58pm
Wow, Pieces of Eight, did Gregg Wallace stand you up on a date or something? ;-)
Thursday 22 March 2012 5.12pm
lucysalisbury wrote:
Wow, Pieces of Eight, did Gregg Wallace stand you up on a date or something? ;-)

Funny enough I do have Gregg down as a philanderer and I was going to suggest that Marina had been a previous greggite,I also thought along the same lines with POE,I bet he hasn't tried the cafe yet.
Thursday 22 March 2012 5.52pm
lucysalisbury wrote:

Nothing like that Lucy. I suppose I am just less inclined than others to believe that a talentless, gooning chump from a T.V show can successfully run a restaurant. However, it appears there are enough mug punters out there prepared to cut him some slack. Another example of "style" over substance.
Thursday 22 March 2012 5.55pm
Pieces of Eight wrote:
lucysalisbury wrote:

Nothing like that Lucy. I suppose I am just less inclined than others to believe that a talentless, gooning chump from a T.V show can successfully run a restaurant. However, it appears there are enough mug punters out there prepared to cut him some slack. Another example of "style" over substance.

But you're quick to make the opposite assumption with equally as little substance to back you up?
Current: 11 of 16

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions