London SE1 community website

Gregg Wallace

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 16
Monday 16 January 2012 11.45am
I will definitely be checking the new Alfies out. This will be the second time I have been there. The first time was just after it opened... haven't been since. Hope they change the decor, it was a like Soviet era VIP airport lounge. The food was OK if overly fussy and the breakfast was the same price as the one at Roast (and not nearly as good).
Monday 16 January 2012 1.21pm
He's mates with Anthony Worrell Thompson so Sainsbury's had better watch out. Edward - a Jamie's restaurant is due to move up near the station by October so you'll be able to get stuck in up there too.
Monday 16 January 2012 3.22pm
"He was arrested and sacked for thieving early on in his career while working as a warehouseman at Covent Garden market." though that is from an article from the Daily Mail.
Monday 16 January 2012 3.25pm
The Dentist wrote:
Edward - a Jamie's restaurant is due to move up near the station by October so you'll be able to get stuck in up there too.
Will that be one of his Union Jacks chain restaurants? I went to 15 once, which was OK, but I actually prefer his books and TV shows and do the cooking myself.
Monday 16 January 2012 3.45pm
The Dentist wrote:
a Jamie's restaurant is due to move up near the station by October so you'll be able to get stuck in up there too.
which station?
Monday 16 January 2012 4.37pm
juanita wrote:
The Dentist wrote:
a Jamie's restaurant is due to move up near the station by October so you'll be able to get stuck in up there too.
which station?
London Bridge I presume?
Wednesday 18 January 2012 7.00am
Jerry wrote:
I'm sure some of the posters who are saying negative things are happy to be judged in the same way on their accent and looks rather than the stuff they are actually going to be doing in the future in SE1. Just for information Wallace was born in Peckham, not an area known for public school accents, well maybe not when Gregg was born, now it is getting there in parts...

.....and hopefully on their senses of humour?
Wednesday 18 January 2012 7.25pm
On behalf of myself and the other forum members who have been less than fulsome in their praise of Mr Wallace, I offer my sincerest apologies. It is now apparent that beneath that facade of shambolic amateurism resides an intellect and knowledge which knows no limits.
By mindlessly repeating the other judges comments, he cleverly subverts our pre-conception that judges should actually have some knowledge of their subject. He is clearly being ironic and I was just too blinkered to see it.
Now he is bringing his encyclopedic knowledge of food to SE1, we will at long last get a chance to share in the phenomenom that is Greg Wallace.
Wednesday 18 January 2012 8.16pm
Saturday 4 February 2012 5.54pm
Lol BSB! I'm looking forward to trying this place when it opens, apparently they're going to be doing retro cocktails too. Went to Alfies when it first opened and haven't been back, found the food below par and overpriced so it will be good to have some new blood.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 16

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions